Provision of food safety and consumer rights protection in the Eurasian Economic Union law
Eurasian Economic Commission, 2 Letnikovskaya Str., bld. 1/2, Moscow, 115114, Russian Federation
International economic integration is a process of interaction between states that involves trans-border and barrier-free movement of products and services; it means gradual economic drawing together within a common (unified) market for consumer goods and services based on national legislation being harmonized and unified or similar regulation in specific spheres being created.
As the Eurasian integration is going on, it is important to provide and protect interests of consumers that naturally arise when administrative barriers are eliminated and goods and services flow more freely between the EAEU member states.
Our research object was a legal and regulatory base existing in the Eurasian Economic Union that regulates issues related to providing food products quality and safety and consumer rights protection.
Our research goal was to reveal what mechanisms for international cooperation and harmonization of national legislative standards existed in the EAEU countries in the sphere under consideration and to determine possible ways for their improvement.
As a result, we gave an overall characteristics for legal regulation in the sphere of providing food products safety in the Eurasian Economic Union as well as mechanisms for providing food products safety, both existing and being developed at the moment, that are based on risk assessment.
The analysis we performed allowed us to conclude that a system for providing food products safety that is being created now in the EAEU is a complex one and is aimed at providing safety of people's lives and health, at preventing consumer rights violation, and at informing about food-related health risks.
Creation of a system for food products safety is under way in the EAEU now, and it means that there are some precon-ditions for development of a global action program for the EAEU countries which will be aimed at consumer rights protection and providing high quality of products and services.
- Attrey D.P. Regulatory requirements for labeling, health, and nutritional claim (Book Chapter). In book: Food Safety in the 21st Century: Public Health Perspective. Academic Press, 2016, pp. 497–506.
- McEvoy J.D.G. Emerging food safety issues: An EU perspective. Drug Testing and Analysis, 2016, vol. 8, no. 5–6, pp. 511–520. DOI: 10.1002/dta.2015
- Solaiman S.M., Ali A.N. The Most Serious Offenses and Penalties Concerning Unsafe Foods under the Food Safety Laws in Bangladesh, India, and Australia: A Critical Analysis. Food and drug law journal, 2015, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 409–433.
- Kees J., Burton S., Andrews J.C. Government efforts to aid consumer well-being: Understanding federal health warn-ings and disclosures (Book Chapter). In book: The Cambridge Handbook of Consumer Psychology, 2015, pp. 530–563. DOI: 10.1017/CBO9781107706552.020
- Kokina V.V. Notifikatsiya organov po sertifikatsii kak instrument obespecheniya bezopasnosti tovarov v Evraziiskom Ekonomicheskom Soyuze [Notification of certification bodies as a tool to ensure the safety of goods in the Eurasian Economic Union]. NovaUm.Ru, 2018, no. 12, pp. 110–112 (in Russian).
- Andreeva L.V. Technical regulations and standards as tools to ensure the safety and quality of goods, works and services in the Eurasian economic Union. Mezhdunarodnoe sotrudnichestvo evraziiskikh gosudarstv: politika, ekonomika, pravo, 2017, vol. 4, no. 13, pp. 67–78 (in Russian).
- Arnautov O.V. On improvement of the mechanism for establishing and changing indicators of quality and food safety in the regulatory and legal acts of the Eurasian Economical Union. Voprosy pitaniya, 2016, vol. 85, no. 1, pp. 110–116 (in Russian).
- Belova L.V., Pil'kova T.Yu., Eliovich I.G. K voprosu okhrany zdorov'ya naseleniya i zashchity prav potrebitelei alkogol'noi produktsii [On the issue of public health and the protection of the rights of consumers of alcoholic beverages]. Voprosy pitaniya, 2014, vol. 83, no. S3, pp. 12–13 (in Russian).
- Versan V.G. Protection of consumer rights in the single consumer market of the eurasian economic union /ЕАЭС/. Problems. Ways of solution. Analitika razvitiya, bezopasnosti i sotrudnichestva: Bol'shaya Evraziya – 2030: Sbornik materialov IV Mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii 29 noyabrya 2017 g. [Analysis of development, security and cooperation: Greater Eurasia – 2030: Collection of materials of the IV International Conference November 29, 2017]. Mosсow, 2017, pp. 40–43 (in Russian).
- Gorina E.A. Kachestvo i bezopasnost' kak klyuchevye trebovaniya potrebitelei k pishchevoi produktsii [Quality and safety as key consumer requirements for food products]. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti SPbGPU. Ekonomicheskie nauki, 2009, no. 5, pp. 243–247 (in Russian).
- Bochin L.A. Markirovka produktsii kak instrument obespecheniya bezopasnosti [Product labeling as a safety tool]. Vestnik rossiiskogo khimiko-tekhnologicheskogo universiteta imeni D.I. Mendeleeva: Gumanitarnye i sotsial'no-ekonomicheskie issledovaniya, 2015, vol. 2, no. 6, pp. 119–135 (in Russian).
- Bitzios M., Jack L., Krzyzaniak S.-A., Xu M. Country-of-origin labelling, food traceability drivers and food fraud: Lessons from consumers' preferences and perceptions. European Journal of Risk Regulation, 2017, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 541–558.
- Kosenko G.N. Vnedrenie sistem menedzhmenta bezopasnosti pishchevoi produktsii: retsepty ot auditora i konsul'tanta [Introduction of food safety management systems: recipes from an auditor and consultant]. Sertifikatsiya, 2008, no. 4, pp. 14–16 (in Russian).
- Karapetyan A.R. Napravleniya formirovaniya organizatsionnoi kul'tury v torgovom predprinimatel'stve [Directions for the formation of organizational culture in commercial business]. Nauchno-tekhnicheskie vedomosti SPbGPU. Ekonomicheskie nauki, 2009, no. 5, pp. 247–251 (in Russian).
- Bortoletto A.M., Silvello G.C., Alcarde A.R Good manufacturing practices, hazard analysis and critical control point plan proposal for distilleries of cachaça. Scientia Agricola, 2018, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 432–443.
- Chipurina L.G., Grishina I.V., Boitsov A.A. Opyt vnedreniya sistemy KhAASP na rybopererabatyvayushchem predpriyatii [Experience of implementing the HAASP system at a fish processing plant]. Rybprom: tekhnologii i oborudovanie dlya pererabotki vodnykh bioresursov, 2007, no. 2, pp. 38 (in Russian).
- Leonov O.A., Shkaruba N.Zh. The elements of the haccp system in the production boiled-smoked sausages. Pishchevaya promyshlennost': nauka i tekhnologii, 2018, vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 44–52 (in Russian).
- Kurepina M.V. Rights to the quality and safety of the goods, works and services: legal categories, their place in the system of the subjective rights of the consumer. Ekonomika. Predprinimatel'stvo. Okruzhayushchaya sreda, 2012, vol. 3, no. 51, pp. 61–65 (in Russian).
- Romanenko N.G., Skvortsova T.A., Ismatulaev R.A. Nekotorye voprosy pravovoi reglamentatsii osnovnykh prav potrebitelya v Rossii [Some issues of legal regulation of basic consumer rights in Russia]. Nauka i obrazovanie: khozyaistvo i ekonomika; predprinimatel'stvo; pravo i upravlenie, 2017, vol. 83, no. 4, pp. 86–88 (in Russian).
- Khurshudyan S.A. Consumer and Food Quality. Pishchevaya promyshlennost', 2014, no. 5, pp. 16–18 (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., May I.V., Sychik S.I., Fedorenko E.V., Shevchuk L.M. Analysis of legal and methodological grounds for risk-oriented surveillance over consumer products: tasks and development prospects in the Eurasian Economic Union. Health Risk Analysis, 2017, no. 4, pp. 4–22. DOI: 10.21668/health.risk/2017.4.01.eng (in Russian).