Immunochemical markers of effect under exposure to risk factors causing vibration disease of different etiogenesis: сomparative assessment
G.M. Bodienkova, E.V. Boklazhenko
East-Siberian Institute of Medical and Ecological Research, 3 12 «А» mikroraion, Angarsk, 665826, Russian Federation
In recent years, it has become especially vital to identify prognostic risks of health disorders in workers exposed to harmful occupational factors. This is necessary for substantiating an occupational origin of a disease and biomarkers of exposure and for optimizing the occupational risk assessment methodology.
The aim of this study was to compare and analyze immunochemical markers of effect (cytokines, heat shock proteins, and neuronal antibodies (AB)) in blood serum of patients with vibration disease (VD) induced by exposure to different types of vi-bration in order to substantiate the most informative diagnostic risk indicators concerning the disease development and clinical course.
Cytokines, heat shock proteins, and antibodies to regulatory proteins of nervous tissue were identified in blood by ELISA tests. We established unidirectional statistically significantly more apparent changes in patients who had VD caused by combined exposure to both whole body vibration and local vibration against those who had VD caused by exposure to local vibration only. These changes included hyperactivated pro-inflammatory reactions of the immune response (IL-1β, TNF-α, INFγ), growing concentrations of antibodies to proteins: S-100, MBP, NF-200, GFAP, and voltage-gated Ca-channel. The differences were that patients with VD under combined exposure to both types of vibration had greater production of pro-inflammatory IL-8 and HSP27 whereas people with VD caused by exposure to local vibration only had a decrease in HSP70 levels.
The study results confirmed more apparent neuro-immune inflammation in patients with VD caused by combined exposure to both whole body vibration and local vibration. This may indicate more significant risk factors of the disease and gives an opportunity to identify the most sensitive biomarkers eligible for diagnosing VD of different etiogenesis.
- Saarkoppel' L.M., Kir'yakov V.A., Oshkoderov O.A. Role of contemporary biomarkers in vibration disease diagnosis. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, 2017, no. 2, pp. 6–10 (in Russian).
- Zheglova A.V., Fedina I.N. Modern approaches to carrying out preventive examinations of workers of vibration-dangerous occupations. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2016, vol. 95, no. 11, pp. 1048–1051. DOI: 10.1882/0016-9900-2016-95-11-1048-1051 (in Russian).
- Popova A.Yu. Working conditions and occupational morbidity in the Russian Federation. Meditsina truda i ekologiya cheloveka, 2015, no. 3, pp. 7–13 (in Russian).
- Kuleshova M.V., Pankov V.A., Dyakovich M.P., Rukavishnikov V.S., Slivnitsyna N.V., Kazakova P.V., Bochkin G.V. The vibration disease in workers of the aircraft enterprise: factors of the formation, clinical manifestations, social-psychological features (dynamic following-up). Gigiena i sanitariya, 2018, vol. 97, no. 10, pp. 915–920. DOI: 10.18821/0016-9900-2018-97-10-915-920 (in Russian).
- Azovskova T.A., Vakurova N.V., Lavrent’ev N.E. O sovremennykh aspektakh diagnostiki i klassifikatsii vibratsionnoi bolezni [On modern aspects of vibration disease diagnostics and classification]. Russkii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2014, vol. 22, no. 16, pp. 1206–1209 (in Russian).
- Kurchevenko S.I. Bodienkova G.M. Expression of CD25+ and CD95+ surface markers on peripheral blood lymphocytes in patients with vibration disease. Acta Biomedica Scientifica, 2020, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 24–27. DOI: 10.29413/ABS.2020-5.2.4 (in Russian).
- Baraeva R.A., Babanov S.A. Immune profile at vibration disease from exposure to local and general vibration. Sanitarnyi vrach, 2015, no. 7, pp. 11–19 (in Russian).
- Potapnev M.P. Autophagy, apoptosis, necrosis and immune recognition of self and nonself. Immunologiya, 2014, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 95–102 (in Russian).
- Bodienkova G.M., Kurchevenko S.I Evaluation of cytokines and heat shock protein in vibration disease. Meditsinskaya immunologiya, 2018, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 895–898. DOI: 10.15789/1563-0625-2018-6-895-898 (in Russian).
- Kotirinich I.A. Clinical features of vibration-induced pathologies after exposure to whole-body vibration and static-dynamic overloads in driving self-propelled technic. Byulleten' Vostochno-Sibirskogo nauchnogo tsentra Sibirskogo otdeleniya Rossiiskoi akademii meditsinskikh nauk, 2006, no. 3 (49), pp. 96–98 (in Russian).
- Kochetkova O.Y., Yurinskaya M.M., Evgen'ev M.B., Vinokurov M.G., Shabarchina L.I., Tikhonenko S.A., Zatsepina O.G., Suslikov A.V. Influence of encapsulated heat shock protein HSP70 on the basic functional properties of blood phagocytes. Doklady Biological Sciences, 2015, vol. 465, no. 1, pp. 299–302. DOI: 10.1134/S001249661506006X
- Kabalyk M.A., Gel'tser B.I., Osipov A.L., Fadeev M.F. Heat shock proteins – participants in osteoarthrosis pathogenesis. Kazanskii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2016, vol. 97, no. 5, pp. 744–749. DOI: 10.17750/KMJ2016-744 (in Russian).
- Toomey C.B., Kelly U., Saban D.R., Bowes Rickman C. Regulation of age-related macular degeneration-like pathology by complement factor H. Proc. Natl Acad. Sci. USA, 2015, vol. 112, no. 23, pp. E3040–9. DOI: 10.1073/pnas.1424391112
- Andreeva L.I. Teoreticheskoe i prikladnoe znachenie belkov teplovogo shoka 70 kDa; vozmozhnost' prakticheskogo primeneniya i farmakologicheskoi korrektsii [Theoretical and applied significance of 70 kDa heat shock proteins; possibility of practical application and pharmacological correction]. Obzory po klinicheskoi farmakologii i lekarstvennoi terapii, 2002, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 2–14 (in Russian).
- Xu Q. Infections, heat shock proteins, and atherosclerosis. Curr. Opin. Cardiol., 2003, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 245−252. DOI: 10.1097/00001573-200307000-00001
- Prohaszka Z., Fust G. Immunological aspects of heat-shock proteins-the optimum stress of life. Mol. Immunol., 2004, vol. 41, no. 1, pp. 29–44. DOI: 10.1016/j.molimm.2004.02.001
- Orlova V.A., Mikhailova I.I., Minutko V.L., Simonova A.V. Abnormal levels of serum autoantibodies to neuronal antigens in schizophrenic patients: multiparameter immunologic evaluation. Sotsial'naya i klinicheskaya psikhiatriya, 2015, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 45–53 (in Russian).
- Bodienkova G.M., Boklazhenko E.V. Dynamics of changes neurotropic antibodies induced by exposure to vapors of metallic mercury. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2016, no. 2, pp. 160. Available at: http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=24425 (February 15, 2023) (in Russian).
- Shevchenko O.I., Lakhman O.L. Neuropsychological features of patients with occupational diseases from exposure to physical factors. Information Society: Health, Economics and Law, International Scientific Conference, 2019, pp. 123–130.
- Shevchenko O.I., Lakhman O.L. State of energy brain exchange in patients with professional diseases from influence of physical factor. Ekologiya cheloveka, 2020, no. 2, pp. 18–23. DOI: 10.33396/1728-0869-2020-2-18-23 (in Russian).