Fuel and energy enterprises as objects of risk-oriented sanitary-epidemiologic surveillance
А.М. Andrishunas, S.V. Kleyn
Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
The present research aims to provide analytical support for the risk-oriented model of sanitary-epidemiologic control over fuel and energy enterprises. The research task were to reveal the most common violations of sanitary-epidemiologic requirements by fuel and energy enterprises; to determine priority environmental indicators that should be included into a program of laboratory support for control and surveillance activities; to estimate actual impacts exerted by fuel and energy enterprises.
We established that in 2020 there were totally more than 6 thousand economic entities that performed their activity in the sphere of “Electric energy, gas and steam supply; air conditioning”. Since fuel and energy enterprises tend to be located close to residential areas, violations in the sphere of ambient air protection (Clause 20) involve negative influence on a considerable number of people. In 2020 the greatest number of revealed violation regarding requirements to ambient air quality was registered for heat and power engineering enterprises in the Far East Federal District (FEFD), Siberian FD (SFD), Central FD (CFD), and Ural FD (UFD) and varied from 10.6 to 42.9 %. Average potential health risk (Rlav) per one economic entity amounted to 5.44∙10-4 for heat and power engineering. A share of economic entities dealing with this economic activity and assigned into extremely high and high (the 1st and 2nd accordingly) risk categories as per potential health risk amounts to 21.7 %. A scale of exposure (Mli) for economic entities operating in heat and power engineering can reach 930 thousand people. The greatest share of economic entities belonging to the 1st and 2nd risk categories as per potential health risk is registered in the SFD, Volga FD, CFD, UFD, and FEFD and amounts to 78.5 %.
The greatest average potential health risk per one economic entity (Rlav) in the sphere of “Electric energy, gas and steam supply; air conditioning” was registered in the Siberian Federal District and amounted to 9.88∙10-4. The greatest numbers of economic entities operating in the sphere of “Electric energy, gas and steam supply; air conditioning” that belonged to the 1st and 2nd risk categories as per potential health risk are located in the Krasnoyarsk region (37.9 %), Kemerovo region (32.6 %), Tomsk and Omsk regions (29.7 % each).
- Doklad o realizatsii Energeticheskoi strategii Rossii na period do 2030 goda po itogam 2018 [The report on implementing the Energy strategy of Russian for a period up to 2030: results achieved in 2018]. Ministry of energy of Russian Federation. Available at: https://minenergo.gov.ru/node/15357/ (16.08.2021) (in Russian).
- Otchet o funktsionirovanii EES Rossii v 2019 godu [The report on functioning of the Russian Unified Energy System in 2019]. Sistemnyi operator Edinoi energeticheskoi sistemy, 2020, 36 р. Available at: https://www.so-ups.ru/fileadmin/files/company/reports/disclosure/2020/up... (19.08.2021) (in Russian).
- Makarov A.A., Veselov F.V., Makarova A.S., Novikova T.V., Pankrushina T.G. Strategic prospects of the electric power in-dustry of Russia. Thermal Engineering, 2017, vol. 64, no. 11, рр. 817–828. DOI: 10.1134/S0040601517110064
- Revich B.A. Assessment of the effect produced by the fuel and energy complex on the environment and health. Studies on Russian Economic Development, 2010, vol. 21, no. 4, рр. 403–410.
- Petrov S.B., Petrov B.A. Assessment of health risk of particulate matter components of atmospheric emissions of multifuel power plants. Ekologiya cheloveka, 2019, no. 6, pp. 4–10. DOI: 10.33396/1728-0869-2019-6-4-10 (in Russian).
- Karabekova A.A. Development of thermal energy: analysis, problems, prospects. Izvestiya Sankt-Peterburgskogo gosudarstvennogo ekonomicheskogo universiteta, 2017, no. 3 (105), рр. 123–127 (in Russian).
- Netsvetaev A.G. Right protection of atmosphere air from pollution according to the legislation of the Russian Federation. Pravovaya bezopasnost' lichnosti, gosudarstva i obshchestva: sbornik statei XIX Mezhdunarodnoi nauchnoi konferentsii, 2019, рр. 108–116 (in Russian).
- Peer R.A., Garrison J.B., Timms C.P., Sanders K.T. Spatially and Temporally Resolved Analysis of Environmental Trade-Offs in Electricity Generation. Environ. Sci. Technol., 2016, vol. 50, no. 8, рр. 4537–4545. DOI: 10.1021/acs.est.5b05419
- Petrov A.S. Samarkina A.N. Issledovanie vliyaniya ob"ektov teploenergetiki na okruzhayushchuyu sredu [Examining influence exerted by heat-power engineering objects on the environment]. Novaya nauka: Teoreticheskii i prakticheskii vzglyad, 2016, no. 6–2 (87), рр. 152–154 (in Russian).
- Kotler V.R. Environmental issues at the coal PP. Okhrana truda i tekhnika bezopasnosti na promyshlennykh predpriyatiyakh, 2016, no. 8, рр. 21–28 (in Russian).
- Rynok elektroenergetiki Rossii i osnovnye igroki otrasli: analiticheskiy otchet [Electrical energy market in Russia and major players in the branch: analytical report]. Analytic Research Group (ARG), 2018, 487 р. (in Russian).
- Katin V.D., Maslov G.F., Dolgov R.V. Novye nailuchshie tekhnologii szhiganiya topliva v pechnykh i kotel'nykh ustanov-kakh: monografiya [The latest best available technologies for burning fuel in furnaces and boiler plants: a monograph]. Moscow, OOO “Izdatel'stvo “Sputnik+”, 2019, 175 р. (in Russian).
- Tikhomirova T.I., Khomutov S.A. Vliyanie vrednykh vybrosov TETs na atmosferu [Influence exerted on the atmosphere by hazardous emission form thermal power stations]. Bezopasnost', zashchita i okhrana okruzhayushchei prirodnoi sredy: fundamental'nye i prikladnye issledovaniya: sbornik trudov Vserossiiskoi nauchnoi konferentsii, 2019, рр. 282–286 (in Russian).
- Murtazina M.Sh., Panchenko M.A. Otsenka negativnogo vozdeistviya na ekologicheskoe sostoyanie okruzhayushchei sredy vybrosov zagryaznyayushchikh veshchestv v atmosferu ot predpriyatii teploenergetiki [Assessing negative influence on the ecological situation exerted by pollutants emitted into the atmosphere from heat-power engineering enterprises]. Ekologiya i bezopasnost' v tekhnosfere: sovremennye problemy i puti resheniya: sbornik trudov Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii molodykh uchenykh, aspirantov i studentov. V 2 tomakh, 2015, рр. 263–266 (in Russian).
- Rossiya uvelichit dolyu vozobnovlyaemykh istochnikov energii v 10 raz [Russia is going to raise a share of renewable energy sources by 10 times]. TASS: Russian News Agency, 2021. Available at: https://tass.ru/ekonomika/11787295 (30.08.2021) (in Russian).
- Bakhtierova N.B., Suleimenova B.M. Vliyanie vybrosov predpriyatii teploenergetiki na okruzhayushchuyu sredu i zdorov'e naseleniya [Impacts exerted by emission form heat-power engineering enterprises on the environment and population health]. Teoriya i praktika sovremennoi nauki, 2016, no. 4 (10), рр. 110–113 (in Russian).
- Zarubezhnaya elektroenergetika [Power industry abroad]. Association NP “Market Council”. Available at: http://www.eurasian¬commission.org/ru/ (20.07.2021) (in Russian).
- Golikov R.A., Kislitsyna V.V., Surzhikov D.V., Oleshchenko A.M., Mukasheva M.A. Assessment of the impact of air pollu-tion by heat power plant emissions on the health of the population of Novokuznetsk. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, 2019, vol. 59, no. 6, рр. 348–352. DOI: 10.31089/1026-9428-2019-59-6-348-352 (in Russian).
- Kumar B., Kumar Verma V., Kumar S., Shekhar Sharma C. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in residential soils from an In-dian city near power plants area and assessment of health risk for human population. Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds, 2014, vol. 34, no. 3, рр. 191–213. DOI: 10.1080/10406638.2014.883414
- Issakhov A., Alimbek A., Issakhov A. A numerical study for the assessment of air pollutant dispersion with chemical reac-tions from a thermal power plant. Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics, 2020, vol. 14, no. 1, рр. 1035–1061. DOI: 10.1080/19942060.2020.1800515
- Penney S., Bell J., Balbus J. Estimating the Health Impacts of Coal-Fired Power Plants Receiving International Financing. Environmental Defense Fund, 2009. Available at: https://www.greenpeace.org/static/planet4-thailand-stateless/2019/03/e2c... (20.08.2021).
- Karpin V.A. Current medico-ecological aspects of internal medicines in urbanic north. Terapevticheskii arkhiv, 2003, vol. 75, no. 1, рр. 31–34 (in Russian).
- Selyunina S.V., Petrov B.A., Tsapok P.I. Zabolevaemost' naseleniya, prozhivayushchego v zonakh vliyaniya atmosfernykh vybrosov gorodskikh predpriyatii teploenergetiki [Population morbidity in zones influenced by missions from heat-power engineering enterprises]. Vyatskii meditsinskii vestnik, 2005, no. 2, рр. 64–67 (in Russian).
- Bykova A.A., Fandeev N.P., Mishanov A.A. Otsenka riska zdorov'yu naseleniya pri energeticheskom zagryaznenii okruzhayushchei sredy [Health risk assessment under exposure to energetic environmental pollution]. Vestnik mezhdunarodnoi akademii sistemnykh issledovanii. Informatika, ekologiya, ekonomika, 2008, vol. 11, no. 1, рр. 95–97 (in Russian).