Sanitary-epidemiological surveillance: a new stage in development stimulated by digitalization and changes in legislation
N.V. Zaitseva, I.V. May, D.А. Kiryanov, S.V. Babina, M.R. Kamaltdinov
Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
The paper dwells on methodical approaches that provide implementation of provisions fixed by the Federal Law No. 248 «On state control (surveillance) and municipal control on the Russian Federation» that comes into force on July 01, 2021. The Law has strengthened the significance of a risk-oriented model for control and stressed the necessity to assess surveillance efficiency as per criteria related to minimizing risks for protected values and to enhance digitalization and electronic communication between all the concerned parties in the sphere.
Taking into account more specific list of objects that are subject to control fixed in the Law, we suggest a procedure for determining categories of health risks caused by specific industrial objects combined with determining a risk category for an economic activity performed by an economic entity. Risk is assessed as a combination of a probability that obligatory requirements are violated and severity of outcomes that result from such violations. The procedure allows optimal planning of control and surveillance activities regarding enterprises and organizations that perform their activities on multiple industrial sites (network companies, large holdings, etc.). We also considered an approach to creating dynamic risk-oriented checklists and suggested specific ranking for sanitary-epidemiologic requirements that were included into such checklists basing on frequency and history of violations that were committed by an object under surveillance regarding legislative requirements and risks that damage to health might occur due to such violations. The paper contains a description of methodical approaches to creating a statistic risk profile for an object under control. Creating a risk profile with mathematical procedures for data processing (including neural network modeling) allows achieving more qualitative risk detection, drawing up a maximum targeted program for a control activity, and operative reacting to types of violations that have not occurred previously.
The paper describes a principle way for introducing forms and procedures for distance control into the sanitary-epidemiologic surveillance system. It is shown that efficient distance control should be based on digitalized documents required during control and surveillance activities; maximum possible use of data taken from state, municipal, and other data sources; intensified practices of remote hardware control; as well as development and scientific and methodical support provided for an intellectual information system within control and surveillance activities.
- Plaksin S.M., Abuzyarova I.A., Kashanin A.V., Knutov A.V., Polesskii E.A., Sakaev A.Sh., Semenov S.V., Sinyatullina L.Kh. [et al.]. Rossiiskii soyuz promyshlennikov i predprinimatelei; Nats. issled. un-t «Vysshaya shkola ekonomiki». Kontrol'no-nadzornaya i razreshitel'naya deyatel'nost' v Rossiiskoi Federatsii. Analiticheskii doklad – 2019 [Control and surveillance and licensing activity in the Russian Federation. The analytical report – 2019]. Moscow, NIUVShE Publ., 2020, 138 p. (in Russian).
- Bozhukova E.M., Chechulina A.A. Reform of the control (supervisory) activities. Voprosy rossiiskogo i mezhdunarodnogo prava, 2021, vol. 11, no. 3–1, pp. 101–110 (in Russian).
- Sidorenko E.L., Bartsits I.N. The efficiency of digital public administration assessing: theoretical and applied aspects. Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravleniya, 2019, no. 2, pp. 93–114 (in Russian).
- Dobrolyubova E.I., Yuzhakov V.N., Efremov A.A., Klochkova E.N., Talapina E.V., Startsev Ya.Yu. Tsifrovoe budushchee gosudarstvennogo upravleniya po rezul'tatam [Digital future of result-oriented public administration]. Moscow, Delo; RANKhiGS Publ., 2019, 114 p. (in Russian).
- Dzhumaeva Ya.M.Kh., Bachaev A.A., Gorgiev R.T. Main features of the results-based public administration model. FGU Science, 2021, no. 1 (21), pp. 47–50 (in Russian).
- Wahyunengseh R.D., Hastjarjo S. Big Data Analysis of Policies on Disaster Communication: Mapping the issues of communication and public responses in the government social media. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science, 2021, vol. 717, no. 1, pp. 012004. DOI: 10.1088/1755-1315/717/1/012004
- Awaysheh F.M., Alazab M., Gupta M., Pena T.F., Cabaleiro J.C. Next-generation big data federation access control: A reference model. Future Generation Computer Systems, 2020, no. 108, pp. 726–741.
- Dyumina A.A. Forms and methods of the state control (supervision) of transport security. Biznes. Obrazovanie. Pravo, 2019, no. 2 (47), pp. 309–317 (in Russian).
- Tsakaev A.Kh. Proportional regulation and risk-oriented supervision of the financial market: theory and practice. Finansovyi menedzhment, 2020, no. 3, pp. 100–109 (in Russian).
- Boyarkina O.V. The use of information systems in the implementation of state financial (budget) control. Colloquium-journal, 2019, no. 25-8 (49), pp. 183–187 (in Russian).
- Danilova A.D. Distantsionnyi kontrol' s ispol'zovaniem risk-orientirovannoi sistemy v kontrol'no-nadzornoi deyatel'nosti nalogovoi sluzhby [Distance control that involves using a risk-oriented system in control and surveillance activities performed by a tax service]. Shag v budushchee: iskusstvennyi intellect i tsifrovaya ekonomika. Revolyutsiya v upravlenii: novaya tsifrovaya ekonomika ili novyi mir mashin: materialy II Mezhdunarodnogo nauchnogo foruma, 2018, pp. 85–90 (in Russian).
- Bezdenezhnykh S.N., Ziyatdinov A.M., Gumerov A.V. Rolling stock information & measuring systems: remote monitoring and train condition control. Vestnik NTsBZhD, 2019, no. 4 (42), pp. 172–176 (in Russian).
- Knyshev I.P., Gusarova E.V., Tulemisov T.T. Technical vision system on railway transport. Avtomatika, svyaz', informatika, 2019, no. 10, pp. 15–17 (in Russian).
- Savin G.V. Intelligent transport system: optimizing streaming processes in the city - outline of future changes. Russian Economic Bulletin, 2020, vol. 3, no. 6, pp. 101–108 (in Russian).
- Biryukov A.N., Sitkina Yu.G. Distantsionnyi kontrol' sostoyaniya otkosnykh sooruzhenii [Distance control over a state of slope constructions]. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskii byulleten' (nauchno-tekhnicheskii zhurnal), 2010, no. S2, pp. 143–145 (in Russian).
- Dem'yanov V.V., Galanina T.V., Lyubimova K.V. Distantsionnyi ekologicheskii monitoring geologicheskoi sredy pri tekhnogennykh vozdeistviyakh [Distance ecological monitoring over geological environment under technogenic impacts]. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskii byulleten' (nauchno-tekhnicheskii zhurnal), 2011, no. 7, pp. 175–177 (in Russian).
- Abushenko N.A., Bartalev S.A., Belyaev A.I., Ershov D.V., Zakharov M.Y., Loupian E.A., Korovin G.N., Koshelev V.V. [et al.]. Near Real-time Satellite Monitoring of Russia for Forest Fire Protection. Mapping Science and Remote Sensing, 1999, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 54–61. DOI: 10.1080/07493878.1999.10642107
- Vasil'eva M.A. Remote monitoring in investigation of illegal cabins of forest plantings. Territoriya novykh vozmozhnostei. Vestnik Vladivostokskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta ekonomiki i servisa, 2014, no. 3 (26), pp. 142–145 (in Russian).
- Yuan F., Bauer M.E. Comparison of impervious surface area and normalized difference vegetation index as indicators of surface urban heat island effects in LANDSAT imagery. Remote sensing of Environment, 2007, vol. 106, pp. 375–386. DOI: 10.1016/j.rse.2006.09.003
- Paris suburb pioneers 'noise radar' to fine roaring motorcycles. Reuters. Available at: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-noise-motorcycles/paris-suburb... (20.05.2021).
- Box G.E.P., Jenkins G.M., Reinsel G.C., Ljung G.M. Time series analysis: Forecasting and control. New Jersey, 2015, 712 p.
- Hyndman R.J., Athanasopoulos G. Forecasting: principles and practice. Melbourne, 2018, 380 p.
- Konyukova O.L., Letunov S.A. Role of digitalization in public administration. Global & regional research, 2019, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 74–79 (in Russian).
- Kas'yanov S.V. Digital transformation as the new driver improve the efficiency in the system of state and municipal management. Regional'nye problemy preobrazovaniya ekonomiki, 2019, no. 9 (107), pp. 5–12.
- Dvinskikh D.Yu., Dmitrieva N.E., Zhulin A.B., Plaksin S.M., Pliss M.A., Sinyatullina L.Kh., Styrin E.M., Faiziev S.A. Tsifrovaya transformatsiya gosudarstvennogo upravleniya: mify i real'nost': doklad k XX Aprel'skoi mezhdunarodnoi nauchnoi konferentsii po problemam razvitiya ekonomiki i obshchestva: sbornik nauchnykh statei [Digital transformation of public administration: myths and reality. The report for the 20th April international scientific conference on public and society development: a collection of research papers]. Moscow, Izd. dom Vysshei shkoly ekonomiki Publ., 2019, pp. 19–21 (in Russian).
- Smotritskaya I.I. State administration in conditions of development digital economy: strategic challenges and risks. Etap: Ekonomicheskaya teoriya, analiz, praktika, 2018, no. 4, pp. 60–72 (in Russian).
- Digital strategy 2025. Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy. Available at: ttps://www.de.digital/DIGITAL/Redaktion/EN/Publikation/digital-strategy-2025.html (20.05.2021).
- Blanc F., Franco-Temple E. Introducing a risk-based approach to regulate businesses: how to build a risk matrix to classify enterprises or activities. Nuts & bolts. Washington, DC, World Bank Group Publ., 2013, 8 p.
- BRDO Proposals for Developing a Common Approach to Risk Assessment. BRDO: professional development and culture changes resources, 2012, 16 p.
- Faure M. Environmental Enforcement Networks. Concepts, Implementation and Effectiveness. Cheltenham/Northampton, Edward Elgar Publishing Publ., 2015, 576 p.
- Zimova N.S., Fomin E.V., Smagina A.A. Social networks as a new channel of interaction between government and society. Nauchnyi rezul'tat. Sotsiologiya i upravlenie, 2020, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 159–171 (in Russian).