Methodical approaches to assessing individual occupaitonl health risk caused by work-related diseases during the whole employment period
P.Z. Shur, N.V. Zaitseva, V.A. Fokin, D.A. Kiryanov, A.A. Khasanova
Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
An increase in retirement age means that employment period is prolonged; it calls for preserving people’s working capacities for a longer period of time including those with long-term working experience. It is especially vital when it comes to adverse working conditions that might cause high health risks for workers due to work-related diseases.
We suggested methodical approaches to determining individual occupational health risks; these approaches took into account occupationally induced negative responses to impacts exerted by work-related factors; pathogenetic mechanisms of health disorders occurrence; gravity of health disorders; workers’ age and working experience. To implement these approaches, we applied a set of procedures that included hygienic and epidemiologic analysis, clinical and laboratory examination of workers, mathematic modeling and prediction.
We tested these approaches via assessing occupational health risks for workers employed at oil-extracting enterprises and it allowed us to determine parameters of dependence between changes in arterial hypertension predictors under exposure to occupational noise and changes in age and working experience (b0=0.1427; b1=0.007; b2=-0.372). The obtained parameters can be used in assessing risks of arterial hypertension occurrence due to exposure to occupational noise for workers employed in oil extraction.
Individual occupational risk caused by arterial hypertension in people exposed to occupational noise was higher than its permissible level (1∙10-3) for 13% workers (33 people) aged from 41 to 52 and working experience from 19.8 to 33 years; the risk detected in our research amounted up to 2.4∙10-2.
Maximum individual risks of work-related arterial hypertension that are predicted to occur at an age close to 59 years amount up to 4.3∙10-2 and they will be higher than permissible levels for 56.6% работников; at an age close to 65 years, up to 4.7∙10-2, and they will be higher than permissible levels for 64.8% workers.
- Prodolzhitel'nost' zhizni v Rossii dostigla istoricheskogo maksimuma [Life expectancy in Russia has reached its historical maximum]. KarelInform, 2020. Available at: https://karelinform.ru/news/society/22-04-2020/prodolzhitelnost-zhizni-v... (15.05.2020) (in Russian).
- Gundarov I.A., Safonov A.L. Goals of the health service and trade unions to overcome the human resources population crisis in Russia. Trud i sotsial'nye otnosheniya, 2015, no. 4, pp. 23–35 (in Russian).
- Professional'nyi risk. Teoriya i praktika rascheta: monografiya [Occupational risk. Theory and practice of calculating it: a monograph]. In: A.G. Khrupacheva, A.A. Khadartseva eds. Tula, Izd-vo TulGU Publ., 2011, 330 p. (in Russian).
- Leonov S.A., Son I.M., Moravskaya S.V. Dynamics of morbidity with a temporary disability in Russian Federation in the period of 2007–2011 years. Menedzher zdravookhraneniya, 2013, no. 8, pp. 6–14 (in Russian).
- Izmerov N.F., Bukhtiyarov I.V., Prokopenko L.V., Kuz'mina L.P. Protecting health of workers and predictive preventive personified medicine. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, 2013, no. 6, pp. 7–12 (in Russian).
- Luzhnikov E.A. Klinicheskaya toksikologiya [Clinical toxicology]. 2nd edition. Moscow, Meditsina Publ., 1994, 256 p. (in Russian).
- Zinkin V.N., Dragan S.P., Solntsev V.I., Kotlyar-Shapirov A.D., Kondrat'eva E.A. Tekhnologii personal'nogo monitoring i optimizatsii uslovii truda rabotnikov «shumovykh professii» [Technologies for individual monitoring and working conditions optimization for workers with «noisy occupations»]. Bezopasnost' zhiznedeyatel'nosti: vyzovy i ugrozy sovremennosti, nauka, obrazovanie, praktika, 2015, pp. 344–348 (in Russian).
- Kazimirova O.V., Gazalieva M.A. Prospects for the study of comorbid states in clinical medicine. Meditsina i ekologiya, 2017, no. 3 (84), pp. 8–16 (in Russian).
- Rybina T.M., Sushinskaya T.M., Chubrik S.M., Rybina A.L., Gin'ko I.V., Iovve A.V. Sovremennye podkhody k otsenke personal'nogo professional'nogo riska v khimicheskikh proizvodstvakh [Contemporary approaches to assessing individual occupational health risks at chemical productions]. Zdorov'e i bezopasnost' na rabochem meste: materialy II mezhdunarodnogo nauchnogo foruma, 2017, pp. 217 (in Russian).
- Fedosov A.V., Zakirova Z.A., Guseva I.E. Professional'nye riski rabotnikov neftyanoi promyshlennosti [Occupational health risks for workers employed in oil industry]. Bezopasnost' truda v promyshlennosti, 2016, no. 6, pp. 70–73 (in Russian).
- Frol'kis V.V. Biologiya stareniya [Biology of ageing]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1982, 616 p. (in Russian).
- Movergoz S.V., Bulycheva E.V., Setko N.P. Physiological and hygienic characteristics of risk factors of development of arterial hypertension in machinists of petrochemical enterprise. Orenburgskii meditsinskii vestnik, 2018, vol. 6, no. 4 (24), pp. 31–34 (in Russian).
- Park S. Role of Inflammation in the Pathogenesis of Arterial Stiffness. Yonsei Med J, 2012, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 258–261. DOI: 10.3349/ymj.2012.53.2.258
- Steppan J., Barodka V., Berkowitz D.E., Nyhan D. Vascular Stiffness and Increased Pulse Pressure in the Aging Cardiovascular System. Cardiology Research and Practice, 2011, vol. 2011, pp. 263585. DOI: 10.4061/2011/263585
- Kulikov V.P. Ul'trazvukovaya diagnostika sosudistykh zabolevanii [Ultrasound diagnostics of cardiovascular diseases]. Moscow, OOO Firma «Strom» Publ., 2007, 512 p. (in Russian).
- Kobalava Zh.D., Kotovskaya Yu.V., Moiseev B.C. Arterial'naya gipertoniya. Klyuchi k diagnostike i lecheniyu [Arterial hypertension. Keas to its diagnostics and treatment]. Moscow, GEOTAR-Media Publ., 2009, 864 p. (in Russian).
- Suchkov I.A. Correction of endothelial dysfunction: current status of the problem (literature review). Rossiiskii mediko-biologicheskii vestnik imeni akademika I.P. Pavlova, 2012, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 151–157 (in Russian).
- Kirichuk V.F., Glybochko P.V., Ponomareva A.I. Disfunktsiya endoteliya [Endothelial dysfunction]. Saratov, Izd-vo Saratovskogo med. un-ta Publ., 2008, 129 p. (in Russian).
- Hedner T., Hansson L., Himmelmann A. Endothelial Dysfunction – A Challenge for Hypertension Research. Blood Pressure, 2000, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 2–3. DOI: 10.1080/080370500439353
- Versari D., Daghini E., Virdis A., Ghiadoni L., Taddei S. Endothelial Dysfunction as a Target for Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease. Diabetes Care, 2009, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 314–321. DOI: 10.2337/dc09-S330
- Dedunov S.V. Osobennosti sochetannogo deistviya shuma i vibratsii na formirovanie professional'noi sensonevral'noi tugoukhosti [Peculiarities of combined effects produced by noise and vibration on occupational sensorineural hearing loss occurrence]. Sbornik materialov mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii «Zdorov'e i okruzhayushchaya sreda». In: N.P. Zhukova ed. Minsk, 2019, pp. 179–180 (in Russian).
- Lagutina G.N., Rudakova I.E., Matyukhin V.V., Shardakova E.F. Occupational neuroorthopedical pathology at influence of vibration and physical loading. Byulleten' VSNTs SO RAMN, 2006, no. 3 (49), pp. 87–89 (in Russian).
- Health risk analysis in the strategy of state social and economical development. In: G.G. Onishchenko, N.V. Zaitseva eds. Moscow, Perm', Izdatel'stvo Permskogo natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta Publ., 2014, 738 p. (in Russian).