Methodical approaches to assessing categories of occupational risk predetermined by various health disorders among workers related to occupational and labor process factors
N.V. Zaitseva1, P.Z. Shur1, V.B. Alekseev1, A.A. Savochkina2, A.I. Savochkin3, E.V. Khrushcheva1
1Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
2Perm National Research Polytechnic University, 29 Komsomolskiy Ave., Perm, 614990, Russian Federation
3National Research University «Higher School of economics», 20 Myasnitskaya Str., Moscow, 101000, Russian Federation
If we want to assess occupational risks predetermined by various health disorders among workers related to occupational factors and labor process factors, we need to examine whether additional methods can be applied here; these methods should allow not only quantitative determination of occupational risk but also its adequate categorizing. A procedure for risk assessment based on fuzzy sets analysis can be considered and applied for the matter.
Suggested methodical approaches to occupational risk assessment based on this procedure involve step-by-step accomplishment of the following stages: determining fuzzy figures corresponding to preset occupational risk levels; preparing initial data (numeric characteristics of occupational risk) for calculations; probabilistic assessment whether a numeric characteristic of occupational risk belongs to fuzzy numbers; and estimated probability of belonging of occupational risk numeric characteristic. A basic instrument for implementing the procedure is determining a membership function for a trapezoid fuzzy number that estimates whether determined risk assessments belong to a specific risk category.
We suggested a scale for assessing occupational risk levels, starting from negligible (0–1∙10-4) to extremely high (3∙10-1–1) and corresponding boundaries of trapezoid fuzzy interval (four figures that define a trapezoid number).
The procedure was tested in a situation when occupational diseases (sensorineural hearing loss), work-related diseases (arterial hypertension), and their combinations were revealed under exposure to noise equal to 85 dBA; the tests allowed establishing that membership functions were equal to 1 for all risk levels determined as per results obtained via epidemiologic research.
- Topilin A.V. Russia’s labor potential: demographic and socio-economic problems of formation and utilization. Vestnik Rossiiskoi akademii nauk, 2019, vol. 89, no. 7, pp. 736–744 (in Russian).
- Izmerov N.F. Occupational assessment and management are the basis of prophylaxis in occupational medicine. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2006, no. 5, pp. 14–16 (in Russian).
- Izmerov N.F., Simonova N.I., Nizyaeva I.V. Study and analysis of occupational risk profile. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, 2015, no. 9, pp. 60–61 (in Russian).
- Zheglova A.V. Personalized occupational risk and longevity. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, 2019, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 627 (in Russian).
- Simonova N.I. Assessment of individual occupational risk. Okhrana truda i tekhnika bezopasnosti na promyshlennykh predpriyatiyakh, 2015, no. 3, pp. 15–22 (in Russian).
- Prokopenko L.V., Kur'erov N.N., Lagutina A.V., Pochtareva E.S. Identification and assessment of the group redundant (attributive) risk of hearing loss from noise. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, 2019, vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 212–218 (in Russian).
- Chebotarev A.G., Gibadulina I.Yu. Occupational risks, respiratory pathology of mine workers operating self-propelled vehicles with diesel engines. Gornaya promyshlennost', 2016, no. 2 (126), pp. 75 (in Russian).
- Valeeva E.T., Bakirov A.B., Karimova L.K. Occupational risks for chemical workers’ health.Vestnik Rossiiskogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo universiteta, 2013, no. 5–6, pp. 124–128 (in Russian).
- Meshchakova N.M., Rukavishnikov V.S. Oсcupational loss risk for the health state in employees of modern sulfate cellulose production. Byulleten' Vostochno-Sibirskogo nauchnogo tsentra Sibirskogo otdeleniya Rossiiskoi akademii meditsinskikh nauk, 2011, no. 3–2 (79), pp. 123–128 (in Russian).
- Setko N.P., Bulycheva E.V. Modern aspects of estimation of professional risk and health factors of working enterprises of the petrochemical industry (review). Orenburgskii meditsinskii vestnik, 2017, vol. 5, no. 3 (19), pp. 4–9 (in Russian).
- Klimova I.V. Application of methods of fuzzy modeling for solving problems of technosphere safety. Gornyi informatsionno-analiticheskii byulleten' (nauchno-tekhnicheskii zhurnal), 2019, no. S7, pp. 87–98 (in Russian).
- Zade L. Ponyatie lingvisticheskoi peremennoi i ego primenenie k prinyatiy u priblizhennykh reshenii [Linguistic variable and its application in finding approximate solutions]. Moscow, Mir Publ., 1976, 166 p. (in Russian).
- Korkmaz H., Canayaz E., Birtane S., Altıkardeş A. Fuzzy logic based risk assessment system giving individualized advice for metabolic syndrome and fatal cardiovascular diseases. Technol Health Care, 2019, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 59–66. DOI: 10.3233/THC-199007
- Farzandipour M., Nabovati E., Saeedi S., Fakharian E. Fuzzy decision support systems to diagnose musculoskeletal disorders: A systematic literature review. Comput Methods Programs Biomed, 2018, no. 163, pp. 101–109. DOI: 10.1016/j.cmpb.2018.06.002
- Miranda G.H.B., Felipe J.C. Computer-aided diagnosis system based on fuzzy logic for breast cancer categorization. Computers in Biology and Medicine, 2015, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 334–346. DOI: 10.1016/j.compbiomed.2014.10.006
- Alonso A.L., Rosas-Jaimes O.A., Suarez-Cuenca J.A. Fuzzy Logic Assisted Diagnosis for Atherogenesis Risk. IFAC Proceedings Volumes, 2013, vol. 46, no. 31, pp. 244–248.
- Zimmerman H.-J. Fuzzy Set Theory and its Applications. Dordrecht, Kluwer Academic Publishers Publ., 1996, 315 p.