Assessing probability of comorbid diseases of the CNS and digestive organs in children under combined exposure to chemical factors and factors related to educational process
Yu.V. Kol'dibekova, M.A. Zemlyanova, M.Yu. Tsinker
Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
Hygienic assessment of combined effects produced by heterogeneous factors on comorbid diseases in the nervous system and digestive organs in children is vital for early detection and prevention of health disorders given existing risks and threats.
Our research goal was to estimate probability of comorbid diseases in the nervous system and digestive organs in children attending primary schools under combined exposure to chemical factors and factors related to the educational process.
Our research objects were factors related to the educational process that produced their effects on children aged 7–10 who attended primary schools with different educational programs; chemicals contents in ambient air and air inside classrooms as well as in children’s blood; biochemical parameters of negative effects; models showing cause-and-effect relations.
Our research results allowed us to identify priority influencing factors and their share contributions into negative effects development in case there was comorbidity with nervous system diseases and digestive organs diseases; to give grounds for biological markers of negative effects applied for early diagnostics and development of activities aimed at preventing comorbid disorders for schoolchildren. Implementation of an algorithm for calculating and estimating probability of comorbid diseases in the nervous system and digestive organs under combined exposure to heterogeneous factors involves determining additional comorbidity cases among children who attend schools with more comprehensive educational programs in comparison with children attending ordinary schools.
Timely and adequate correction of detected influencing factors and development of activities aimed at preventing comorbid health disorders will allow minimizing risks of comorbid diseases in the nervous system and digestive organs in school children under combined exposure to chemical factors existing in the environment and inside classroom and factors related to the educational process.
- Kuchma V.R., Efimova N.V., Tkachuk E.A., Myl'nikova I.V. Hygienic assessment of the overwroughtness of educational activity in schoolchildren of 5–10 classes of secondary schools. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2016, vol. 95, no. 6, pp. 552–558 (in Russian).
- Kuchma V.R., Sukhareva L.M., Rapoport I.K., Stepanova M.I., Khramtsov P.I., Zvezdina I.V., Aleksandrova I.E., Bokareva N.A., Sokolova S.B. Shkola zdorov'ya: organizatsiya raboty, monitoring razvitiya effektivnosti (audit shkoly v sfere zdorov'esberezheniya detei) [School of health: work organization and monitoring over efficiency development (audit of educational processes regarding children’s health preservation)]. Moscow, Prosveshchenie Publ., 2011, 142 p. (in Russian).
- Pisareva A.N. Way of life and conduct risk factors of forming health of schoolchildren. Meditsinskii al'manakh, 2017, vol. 2, no. 47, pp. 37–48 (in Russian).
- Bloom S., Ghatei M., Bech P. Measurement of gut hormones in plasma. Methods Mol Biol, 2013, no. 1065, pp. 147–170. DOI: 10.1007/978-1-62703-616-0_10
- Tolmacheva O.G., Ustinova O.Yu., Maklakova O.A., Ivashova Yu.A. Biliarnye disfunktsii u detei v usloviyakh aerogennogo vozdeistviya alifaticheskikh al'degidov [Biliary dysfunctions in children under aerogenic exposure to aliphatic aldehydes]. Aktual'nye voprosy analiza riska pri obespechenii sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya naseleniya i zashchity prav potrebitelei: materialy VIII Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem. Perm', Izdatel'stvo Permskogo natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta Publ., 2018, pp. 397–402 (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., Ustinova O.Yu., Luzhetskii K.P., Maklakova O.A. Chronic gastroduodenitis pathogenesis caused by drinking water consumption with a high content of hyperchlorination products and manganese. Vestnik Permskogo Universiteta. Seriya: Biologiya, 2015, no. 1, pp. 53–57 (in Russian).
- Zemlyanova M.A., Pustovalova O.V., Gorodnova Yu.V., Lykhina T.S. Disturbance of biochemical and immunological indicators in chronic gastroduodenitis in children in conditions of environmental technogenic pollution. Ekologiya cheloveka, 2010, no. 12, pp. 3–9 (in Russian).
- Alekseeva E.V., Popova T.S., Sal'nikov P.S. Glutamatergic neurotransmitter system in regulation of the gastrointestinal tract motor activity. Patologicheskaya fiziologiya i eksperimental'naya terapiya, 2015, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 132–149 (in Russian).
- Kirchgessner A.L. Glutamate in the enteric nervous system. Curr. Opin. Pharmacol, 2001, vol. 1, no. 6, pp. 591–600. DOI: 10.1016/s1471-4892(01)00101-1
- Tan S.Y., Praveena S.M., Abidin E.Z., Cheema M.S. Heavy metal quantification of classroom dust in school environment and its impacts on children health from Rawang (Malaysia). Environmental science and pollution research international, 2018, vol. 25, no. 34, pp. 34623–34635. DOI: 10.1007/s11356-018-3396-x
- Oliveira M., Slezakova K., Delerue-Matos C., Pereira M.C., Morais S. Children environmental exposure to particulate matter and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and biomonitoring in school environments: A review on indoor and outdoor exposure levels, major sources and health impacts. Environment international, 2019, vol. 124, pp. 180–204. DOI: 10.1016/j.envint.2018.12.052
- Andersen L.B., Riddoch C., Kriemler S., Hills A. Physical activity and cardiovascular risk factors in children. British Journal of Sports Medicine, 2011, vol. 45, no. 11, pp. 871–876. DOI: 10.1136/bjsports-2011-090333
- Seabra A.C., Seabra A.F., Mendonça D.M., Brustad R., Maia J.A., Fonseca A.M., Malina R.M. Psychosocial correlates of physical activity in school children aged 8–10 years. The European Journal of Public Health, 2013, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 794–798. DOI: 10.1093/eurpub/cks149
- Vishnevskii V.A. Analiz shkol'nogo raspisaniya s uchetom zdorov'ya detei [Analysis of classes schedule taking into account children’s health]. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2005, no. 3, pp. 43–44 (in Russian).
- Ivanov D.O., Orel V.I. The modern features of health of children of the metropolis. Meditsina i organizatsiya zdravookhraneniya, 2016, no. 1, pp. 6–11 (in Russian).
- Savina A.A., Leonov S.A., Son I.M., Feiginova S.I. Contribution of individual age groups in prevalence based on care seeking data in the federal districts of the Russian Federation. Sotsial'nye aspekty zdorov'ya naseleniya, 2018, no. 3, pp. 1–13 (in Russian).
- Ivashkin V.T., Maev I.V., Shul'pekova Yu.O., Baranskaya E.K., Okhlobystin A.V., Trukhmanov A.S., Lapina T.L., Sheptulin A.A. Diagnostics and treatment of biliary dyskinesia: clinical guidelines of the Russian gastroenterological association. Rossiiskii zhurnal gastroenterologii, gepatologii, koloproktologii, 2018, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 63–86 (in Russian).
- Namazova-Baranova L.S., Kuchma V.R., Il'in A.G., Sukhareva L.M., Rapoport I.K. Morbidity of children aged 5 to 15 years in the Russian Federation. Meditsinskii sovet, 2014, no. 1, pp. 6–10 (in Russian).
- Anikina E.A., Balabina N.M. Prevalence, risk factors and clinical course of vegetative dysfunction syndrome. Sibirskii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2011, no. 3, pp. 23–27 (in Russian).
- Shashel' V.A., Podporina L.A., Panesh G.B., Ponomarenko D.S., Dobryakov P.E. Age-related aspects of vegetative status in children with vegetative dystonia syndrome. Kubanskii nauchnyi meditsinskii vestnik, 2017, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 169–172 (in Russian).