Methodical approaches to medium-term planning and assessing health risk management efficiency in a municipal entity (by the example of an industrially developed city)
Yu.Ya. Barmin1, V.B. Gurvich2, S.V. Kuz'min3, O.V. Dikonskaya4, O.L. Malykh4, T.M. Tsepilova2, A.A. Shevchik2, S.V. Yarushin2
1Administration of the Federal Supervision Service for Consumer’s Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing in the Sverdlovsk Region, 86 Oktyabr'skoi revolyutsii Str., Nizhnii Tagil, 622036, Russian Federation
2Ekaterinburg Medical Research Center for Prophylaxis and Health Care in Industrial Workers, 30 Popova Str., Ekaterinburg, 620014, Russian Federation
3Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing, 18/5 and 7 Vadkovskiy pereulok, Moscow, 127994, Russian Federation
4Hygienic and Epidemiological Center in in Sverdlovsk region, 3 Otdel'nyi pereulok, Ekaterinburg, 620078, Russian Federation
A system of activities aimed at managing health risks caused by environmental factors has been created and successfully implemented in Sverdlovsk region. The system covers risks detected as per social-hygienic monitoring results. Priority tasks and measures that should allow risk management experts to provide sanitary-epidemiologic safety and to manage health risks are annually substantiated basing on systemic analysis and risk assessment.
Health risk management system in municipal entities is a key component in a unified regional system for providing sanitary-epidemiologic welfare and protecting population health taking into account peculiarities related to a sanitary-epidemiologic situation in a specific municipal entity. Such risk management systems should be created and developed basing on unified goals, tasks, and parameters for assessing activities performed by all the participants in risk management processes as well as on applying a unified information and analytical database containing social and hygienic monitoring data as such a database can ensure appropriate management of risks and threats to population health. The paper dwells on methodical approaches, basic results, and scientific and practical experience in medium-term planning and assessing efficiency of activities performed to manage population health risks in an industrially developed city in Sverdlovsk region. The authors also give recommendations and set tasks which are to be solved in order to create and develop municipal systems for managing population health risks.
- Malykh O.L., Kochneva N.I., Nikonov B.I., Shevchik A.A., Tsepilova T.M. Methodological approaches to the assurance of sanitary-epidemiological welfare on the base of the methodology of population’s health risk management. Гигиена и санитария, 2017, vol. 96, no. 12, pp. 1136–1140 (in Russian).
2.Gurvich V.B., Kuz'min S.V., Dikonskaya O.V., Malykh O.L., Yarushin S.V. Health risk management to provide health and epidemiological well-being to the population in municipalities (the experience of the Sverdlovsk region). Materialy vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem, Perm, 2013, pp. 521–532 (in Russian).
- Derstuganova T.M., Velichkovsky B.T., Gurvich V.B., Varaksin A.N., Malykh O.L., Kochneva N.I., Yarushin S.V. The impact of socio-economic factors on mortality rates among the working age population (the experience of the Sverdlovsk region). Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2013, no. 9, pp. 12–14 (in Russian).
- Blagodareva M.S., Kornilkov A.S., Yarushin S.V., Malyh O.L. On methodological approaches to evaluation of multi-factor risk for population exposed to environmental hazards. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, 2018, no. 11, pp. 41–45 (in Russian).
- Onishchenko G.G., Novikov S.M., Rakhmanin Yu.A., Avaliani S.L., Bushtueva K.A. Principles of Risk Assessment for Health of the Population with Exposure to Chemical Substances, Polluting the Environment. Moscow, Nauchno-issledovatel'skii institut ekologii cheloveka i gigieny okruzhayushchei sredy im. A.N. Sysina Publ., 2002, 408 p. (in Russian).
- Kuz'min S.V., Privalova L.I., Katsnel'son B.A., Gurvich V.B. Otsenka riska i ekologicheskaya epidemiologiya: sbornik instruktivno-metodicheskikh dokumentov [Risk assessment and ecological epidemiology: a collection of information and me-thodical documents]. Yekaterinburg, 2000, 204 p. (in Russian).
- Katsnel'son B.A., Privalova L.I., Kuz'min S.V., Chiburayev V.I., Nikonov B.I., Gurvich V.B. Otsenka riska kak instru-ment sotsial'no-gigienicheskogo monitoringa [Risk assessment as a tool of social-hygienic monitoring]. Yekaterinburg, 2001, 244 p. (in Russian).
- Onishchenko G.G., Zaitseva N.V., Mai I.V. [et al.]. Analiz riska zdorov'yu v strategii gosudarstvennogo sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya: monografiya [Health risk analysis within a state strategy for social and economic development: a monograph]. Perm, Perm National Research Polytechnic University Publ., 2014, 738 p. (in Russian).
- Kuzmin S.V., Dikonskaya O.V., Gurvich V.B., Malykh Olga Leonidovna, Yarushin S.V. The role of Rospotrebnadzor bodies and institutions in the system of health risk management at the regional level. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2011, vol. 223, no. 10, pp. 4–6 (in Russian).
- Drozdova I.V. Teoreticheskie aspekty, problemy, vozmozhnosti realizatsii sotsial'no-ekonomicheskoi politiki gorodov monospetsializatsii v usloviyakh tsiklichnosti razvitiya ekonomiki [Theoretical aspects, problems, and possibilities for implement-ing social and economic policy in mono-cities given cyclic development of an economy]. Yekaterinburg, 2014, pp. 11–16 (in Russian).
- Kuzmina E.A., Vinokurova M.V., Gazimova V.G., Busyrev S.A., Gurvich V.B., Malykh O.L., Kochneva N.I., Zaikina T.M., Yarushin S.V. Practice and perspectives of applying economic instruments of substantiation and evaluation of effectiveness of risk management actions and securing sanitary and epidemiologic welfare of population (on the example of Sverdlovsk region). Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2010, vol. 202, no. 1, pp. 20–25 (in Russian).
- Kuz'min S.V., Kuz'mina Ye.A., Katsnel'son B.A., Yarushin S.V., Privalova L.I., Degtyareva T.D. Otsenka i upravlenie riskom dlya zdorov'ya naseleniya: sbornik informatsionno-metodicheskikh dokumentov [Population health risk assessment and management: a collection of information and methodical documents]. Yekaterinburg, 2009, 488 p. (in Russian).
- Gurvich V.B., Kornilkov A.S., Privalova L.I., Lavrent'ev A.N., Yarushin S.V. Health risks for residents of cities with developed copper industry. Meditsina truda i promyshlennaya ekologiya, 2016, no. 10, pp. 1–4 (in Russian).
- Kuzmin S.V., Gurvich V.B., Romanov S.V., Dikonskaya O.V., Yarushin S.V., Malykh O.L. The optimization of the activity of organs of Federal Service for Supervision of Consumer Rights protection and Human Welfare in the Sverdlovsk Re-gion. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2012, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 114–119 (in Russian).
- Onishchenko G.G. Health risk assessment and management as an effective tool to solve issues to ensure the health and epidemiological well-being of the Russian Federation population. Health Risk Analysis, 2013, no. 1, pp. 4–14. DOI: 10.21668/health.risk/2013.1.01.eng
- Vasil'ev A.V., Zabolotskikh V.V., Tereshchenko I.O., Tereshchenko Yu.P. Information Analysis System for Population Health Risk Assessment under the Conditions of Urban Lands. Ekologiya i promyshlennost' Rossii, 2013, no. 12, pp. 29–31 (in Russian).
- Bobkov V.N. O doktrinal'nykh polozheniyakh strategii sotsial'nogo razvitiya Rossii [On doctrines in the social devel-opment strategy in Russia]. Uroven' zhizni naseleniya regionov Rossii, 2008, no. 5, pp. 48–62 (in Russian).
- Balyukina L.A., Gusev A.L., Zaitseva N.V., Shur P.Z. Planirovanie vybora modeli dlya upravleniya riskami zdorov'yu naseleniya v sisteme Rospotrebnadzora [How to plan on selecting a model for population health risk management within Rospo-trebnadzor system]. Nauchnye osnovy i mediko-profilakticheskie tekhnologii obespecheniya sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya naseleniya: sbornik statei Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem, 2009, pp. 230–234 (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., Goleva O.I., Shur P.Z. Sistema pokazatelei otsenki ekonomicheskoi effektivnosti meropriyatii po snizheniyu riska dlya zdorov'ya naseleniya [A system of parameters for assessing economic efficiency of measures aimed at reducing population health risks]. Gigienicheskie i mediko-profilakticheskie tekhnologii upravleniya riskami zdorov'yu naseleniya v promyshlenno razvitykh regionakh: materialy II nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem, Perm, 2011, pp. 7–10 (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., Shur P.Z., Goleva O.I. An economic assessment of population health risk in region. Ekonomika regiona. 2012, no. 2, pp. 178–185 (in Russian).