Scientific and methodological aspects of labpratory support aimed at providing chemical safety during internaitonal mass events
A.Yu. Popova1, N.V. Zaitseva2, G.V. Karpushchenko3
1Russian Medical Academy of Postgraduate Education, 2/1 Barrikadnaya Str., Moscow, 123995, Russian Federation
2Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
3Hygiene and Epidemiology Center in Rostov region, 67 7th lineStr.,Rostov-on-Don, 344019, Russian Federation
International legal acts that regulate organizing and carrying out various mass events in our country impose an obligation on the RF to provide safety, including sanitary-epidemiologic ones, for their guests and participants. Tight schedules and short time span are peculiarities related to such events and, when it comes to hygienic aspects, it determines short-term exposure of guests and participants to environmental factors. Nowadays in Russia substantial experience has been accumulated in providing hygienic safety for population during international mass events.
Our research goal was to determine priority tasks in laboratory and information-analytical support for Rospotrebnadzor activities aimed at solving issues related hygienic safety of international mass events at various stages in preparation to them and during them depending on their scale and social significance.
This paper focuses on determining a necessity to work out a model for laboratory support aimed at providing chemical safety during international mass events as regards assessing health risks for participants and guests attending such events; the model is to involve implementing laboratory control over biological markers. The authors determine basic principles of the state policy in the sphere of providing hygienic safety, reasons for threats and health risks occurrence during international mass events. The present research allowed to reveal it was advisory to implement a system for biological control over markers related to impacts exerted by various chemicals on personnel involved into preparation and organization of international mass events.
- Popova A.Yu., Zaitseva N.V. Nauchno-metodicheskie aspekty otsenki riska zdorov'yu pri realizatsii funktsii i polnomochii Federal'noi sluzhby po nadzoru v sfere zashchity prav potrebitelei i blagopoluchiya cheloveka [Scientific and me-thodical aspects of health risk analysis when the Federal Service for Surveillance over Consumer Rights Protection and Human Well-being performs its functions and authorities]. Aktual'nye voprosy analiza riska pri obespechenii sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya naseleniya i zashchity prav potrebitelei: materialy VIII Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem, Perm, 2018, pp. 9–14 (in Russian).
- Popova A.Yu., Zaitseva N.V., May I.V. Opyt metodicheskoi podderzhki i prakticheskoi realizatsii risk-orientirovannoi modeli sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo nadzora 2014–2017 gg [Experience in providing methodical support and implementation of a risk-oriented model for sanitary-epidemiologic surveillance (2014–2017)]. Aktualnye voprosy obespecheniia sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiia naseleniia na urovne subieekta Federatsii: materialy nauchno-prakticheskoi internet-konferentsii, Perm, 2017, pp. 7– 15 (in Russian).
- Popova A.Yu., Rakitskii V.N. Gigiena: istoriya i sovremennost' [Hygiene: history and current situation]. Rossiiskaya gigiena – razvivaya traditsii, ustremlyaemsya v budushchee: materialy XII Vserossiiskogo sieezda gigienistov i sanitarnykh vrachei, Moscow, 2017, vol. 1, pp. 6–13 (in Russian).
- XXVII Vsemirnaya letnyaya universiada 2013 goda v Kazani. Obespechenie sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopo-luchiya [XXVII 2013 Summer Universiade in Kazan. Sanitary-epidemiologic welfare provision]. In: G.G. Onishchenko, V.V. Kutyrev eds. Tver', Triada Publ., 2013, 528 p. (in Russian).
- XXII Olimpiiskie zimnie igry i XI Paralimpiiskie zimnie igry 2014 goda v g. Sochi. Obespechenie sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya [XXII 2014 Winter Olympics and Paralympics in Sochi. Sanitary-epidemiologic welfare provision]. In: G.G. Onishchenko, A.N. Kulichenko eds. Tver', Triada Publ, 2015, 576 p. (in Russian).
- Udovichenko S.K., Toporkov A.V., Karnaukhov I.G., Safronov V.A., Kedrova O.V., Toporkov V.P., Kutyrev V.V. Evaluation of External and Internal Threats to Sanitary-Epidemiological Welfare of the Population in the Context of Mass Sporting Events. Problemy osobo opasnykh infektsii, 2013, no. 2, pp. 26–32 (in Russian).
- Romanovich I.K., Barkovskii A.N., Titov N.V., Shevchenko G.T. Obespechenie radiatsionnoi bezopasnosti i protivo-deistvie radiatsionnomu terrorizmu pri provedenii massovykh sportivnykh meropriiatii [Radiation safety provision and control of radiation terrorism during mass sport events]. In: G.G. Onishchenko, A.Yu. Popova eds. St. Petersburg, Federalnaia sluzhba po nadzoru v sfere zashchity prav potrebitelei i blagopoluchiia cheloveka Sankt-Peterburgskii nauchno-issledovatelskii institut ra-diatsionnoi gigieny im prof. P. V. Ramzaeva Publ., 2016, 364 p. (in Russian).
- Imamov A.A., Balabanova L.A., Zamalieva M.A., Radchenko O.R. On planning of laboratory researches for ensuring sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing during carrying out mass actions. Vestnik Rossiiskoi voenno-meditsinskoi akademii, 2015, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 185–188 (in Russian).
- Patyashina M.A., Balabanova L.A. Current problems of surveying sanitary and epidemiological well-being at public events with international participation. Kazanskii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2015, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 90–95 (in Russian).
- Enock K. E., Jacobs J. The Olympic and Paralympics Games 2012: literature review of the logistical planning Opera-tional challenges for public health. Public Health, 2008, vol. 122, no. 11, pp. 1229–1238. DOI: 10.1016/j.puhe.2008.04.016.
- Globalnye massovye meropriiatiia ikh znachenie i vozmozhnosti dlia obespecheniia bezopasnosti zdorovia v mire doklad sekretariata [Global mass events: their significance and opportunities to provide health safety worldwide: The WHO Secretariat Report]. World Health Organization, 2011, 8 p. Available at: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/25910/1/B130_17-ru.pdf (23.03.2019) (in Russian).
- Popova A.Yu., Balakhonov S.V., Goriaev D.V., Dmitrieva G.M., Filatova S.A., Sharakshanov M.B., Vishniakov V.A., Mironova L.V., Zh.Yu. KHunkheeva, Sidorova E.A. [et al]. Estimation of risks of importations and distribution of dangerous infectious diseases during the xxix winter Universiade 2019 in Krasnoyarsk. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2018, no. 6, pp. 4–11 (in Russian).
- Health advice for travellers to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in the Russian Federation. World Health Organization. Available at: http://www.who.int/foodsafety/publications/consumer/en/travellers_en.pdf... (01.02.2019).
- Zaitseva N.V, May I.V., Kleyn S.V., Vekovshinina S.A., Balashov S.Yu. Practical experience in the assessment and management of non-infectious health risks during the preparation of the mass sports events (using the example of the 2013 Summer Universiade in Kazan and the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi). Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2015, vol. 273, no. 12, pp. 4–7 (in Russian).
- Kleyn S.V., Balashov S.Yu., Stepanov E.G., Davletnurov N.Kh. Trial hygienic assessment and minimizing environmental health risks during leaders council meeting of shanghai cooperation organization countries and meeting of leaders and government heads of BRICS countries held in Ufa. Health Risk Analysis, 2017, no. 2, pp. 73–87. DOI: 10.21668/health.risk/2017.2.08.eng
- Rossiya v formirovanii mezhdunarodnoi sistemy profilaktiki rasprostraneniya oruzhiya massovogo porazheniya [Russia in creating an international system aimed at preventing spread of weapons of mass destruction]. In: A.D. Bogaturov ed. Moscow, KomKniga Moskva Publ., 2008, 208 p. (in Russian).
- Vorob'ev Yu.L. Natsional'naya bezopasnost' i upravlenie strategicheskimi riskami v Rossii [National security and stra-tegic risks management in Russia]. Strategiya grazhdanskoi zashchity: problemy i issledovaniya, 2013, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 95–104 (in Russian).
- Vekovshinina S.A., Kleyn S.V., Balashov S.Yu., Nikiforova N.V., Ukhabov V.M. Olympic games 2014 in Sochi: se-lection of priority indicators and measures of management of health risk caused by chemicals. Zdorov'e sem'i – 21 vek, 2015, no. 3, pp. 9–25 (in Russian).
- Enderlein U., Regmi J. Strengthening public health: making the case for mass gatherings. Public Health Panorama, 2018, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 72–77.
- Karpushchenko G.V. Methodology of laboratory control on different stages of mass events. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2018, vol. 303, no. 6, pp. 15–17(in Russian).