Analysis of population health risks in the Russian Federation caused by food products con-tamination
Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
Analysis of population health risks related to food products is a most promising sphere for international cooperation between the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) member states and economically developed countries. And it is truly vital to harmonize key aspects of the process. Methodology of population health risk analysis is considered to be a basic tool for providing food products safety in the Russian Federation.
Harmonization takes place simultaneously with creation, development, and implementation of all the instruments related to risk analysis components in the Russian Federation: risk assessment, risk management, and informing about risks. In the EAEU countries and in the RF, experts apply evolution mathematical modeling to describe impacts exerted by dangerous chemicals and biological agents on functions of body organs and systems when they assess risks related to food products. Markers of exposure and effect together with epidemiologic models give information grounds for establishing regularities in relationships and calculation of parameters for consequent health risk assessment. Established regularities together with experience that was accumulated due to physiological processes modeling gave grounds for multi-level modeling of health risk evolution. Such models allow to predict negative effects both for critical organs and systems and a body as a whole.
Approaches have been tested when substantiating hygienic safety criteria for some food contaminants. New tasks are set; it is necessary to develop a regulatory basis for assessing health risks related to food contamination and property losses borne by a consumer due to such risks; to speed up development and implementation of harmonized risk-based quality standards as criteria of food safety for health and their application in control and surveillance activities; to improve information basis for health risk assessment and development of international cooperation on issues related to analyzing health risks caused by food products contamination.
- Gordeev A.V., Maslennikova O.A., Vermel'D.F., Altukhov A.I., Bespakhotnyi G.V., Borisenko E.N., Daurskii A.N., Dolgushkin N.K., Zaverukha A.Kh., Nazarenko V.I., Runov B.A., Ul'yanov E.V., Ushachev I.G., Cheshinskii L.S., Dragaitsev V.I., Prokop'ev G.S., Sandu I.S., Silaeva L.P., Starostina I.L., Suglobov A.E. [et al.]. Bezopasnost' Rossii. Pravovye, sotsial'no-ekonomicheskie i nauchno-tekhnicheskie aspekty. Prodovol'stvennaya bezopasnost' [Safety of Russia. Legal, socioec-onomic and scientific-technical aspects. Food safety]. Moscow, 2000, vol. 1, pert 1, 537 p. (in Russian).
- Tutel'yan V.A., Nikityuk D.B., Khotimchenko S.A. Normative base for food quality and safety assessment. Russian Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine, 2017, no. 2, pp. 74–120 (in Russian).
- Edelev D.A., Kantere V.M., Matison V.A. An estimation of risks – the major element of a risk management of food production. Pishchevaya promyshlennost', 2011, no. 9, pp. 14–16 (in Russian).
- Matison V.A., Arutyunova N.I. The Risk – Based Approach to Ensure the Safety and Quality of Food. Pishchevaya promyshlennost', 2016, no. 5, pp. 16–20 (in Russian).
- Altukhov A.I., Afanas'ev V.A., Baturin A.K., Butkovskii V.A., Glushchenko V.D., Zlochevskii A.L., Izmailov V.A., Il'ina O.A., Iunikhina V.S., Kislov S.V., Kraus S.V., Kustov V.N., Kovalev Yu.I., Mamikonyan M.L., Moshkovich V.N., Nechaev A.P., Nosenko S.M., Ovechkin A.B., Ponomarev A.N., Tutel'yan V.A. [et al.]. [Food independence of Russia in 2 vol-umes]. Moscow, Tekhnologiya TsT Publ., 2016, vol. 1, 560 p. (in Russian).
- Nurgalieva M.T., Smagulov A.K., Iskakova Zh.A. the issues of quality and safety control of food products in the framework of EU and EEU. Nauka i Mir, 2016, vol. 1, no. 3 (31), pp. 86–91 (in Russian).
- The Future of Risk Assessment in the European Union: The Second report on the Harmonisation of Risk Assessment Procedures / Scientific Steering Committee, EU. Brussels, 2003, 112 p.
- Nikitin S. About Russia's accession to the Agreement on the Application of Sanitary and Phytosanitary measures of the WTO. Mezhdunarodnyi sel'skokhozyaistvennyi zhurnal, 2009, no. 4, pp. 3–6 (in Russain).
- Matison V.A., Yasinov O.Yu. Food Safety: Research and Training. Pishchevaya promyshlennost', 2017, no. 4, pp. 21–24 (in Russian).
- Berketova L.V., Kryukova E.V. Analiz riskov pri obespechenii bezopasnosti produktov pitaniya [Risk analysis in providing food products safety]. Voprosy pitaniya, 2014, vol. 83, no. S3, pp. 153 (in Russian).
- Makarov D.A., Komarov A.A., Selimov R.N. Obespechenie khimicheskoi bezopasnosti pishchevoi produktsii v Ros-siiskoi Federatsii [Providing chemical safety of food products in the Russian Federation]. Kontrol' kachestva produktsii, 2017, no. 5, pp. 21–26 (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., Popova A.Yu., May I.V., Shur P.Z. Methods and technologies of health risk analysis in the system of state management under assurance of the sanitation and epidemiological welfare of population. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2015, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 93–98 (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., Shur P.Z., May I.V., Kir'yanov D.A. Approaches to the assessment of integrated health risk population based on evolution of mathematical models. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2011, vol. 223, no. 10, pp. 6–9 (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., May I.V., Kir'yanov D.A., Sboev A.S., Andreeva E.E. Conceptual and methodological aspects of im-proving the effectiveness of control and supervisory activities based on hazard and risk assessment and estimation of harm to health of the population. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2014, vol. 261, no. 12, pp. 4–7 (in Russian).
- First report on the harmonisation of risk assessment procedures. Part 1: The Report of the Scientific Steering Com-mittee's Working Group on Harmonisation of Risk Assessment Procedures in the Scientific Committees advising the European Commission in the area of human and environmental health 26–27 October 2000 (published on the internet 20.12.2000). Available at: https://mobil.bfr.bund.de/cm/343/first_report_on_the_harmonisation_of_ri... (16.09.2018).
- Trusov P.V., Zaitseva N.V., Kamaltdinov M.R. A multiphase flow in the antroduodenal portion of the gastrointestinal tract: a mathematical model. Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, 2016, vol. 2016, Article ID 5164029, 18 p. DOI: 10.1155/2016/5164029
- Orlova E.D., Kamaltdinov M.R. Modelirovanie pishchevaritel'nykh protsessov v dvenadtsatiperstnoi kishke [Modeling of digestive processes in the duodenum]. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie v estestvennykh naukakh, 2017, vol. 1, pp. 246–250 (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., Kiryanov D.A., Lanin D.V., Chigvintsev V.M. A mathematical model of the immune and neuroen-docrine systems mutual regulation under the technogenic chemical factors impact. Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine, 2014, vol. 2014, Article ID 492489, 12 p. DOI: 10.1155/2014/492489
- Metodologiya otsenki riskov zdorov'yu naseleniya pri vozdeistvii khimicheskikh, fizicheskikh i biologicheskikh faktorov dlya opredeleniya pokazatelei bezopasnosti produktsii (tovarov) / Evraziiskaya ekonomicheskaya komissiya [Meth-odology of population health risks analysis under exposure to chemical, physical and biological factors aimed at determining safety parameters of products (goods) / the Eurasian economic Commission]. Moscow, Yumanite Media, 2014, 115 p. (in Russian).
- Residue evaluation of certain veterinary drugs. Meeting 2010-Evaluation of data on ractopamine residues in pig tissues / Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives. Italy, Rome, 2010, 52 p.
- Alemanno A., Capodieci G. Testing the Limits of Global Food Governance: The Case of Ractopamine. Eur. J. Risk Regul, 2012, vol. 3, pp. 12.
- Scientific Opinion of the Panel on Additives and Products or Substances used in Animal Feed (FEEDAP) on a request from the European Commission on the safety evaluation of ractopamine. EFSA J., 2009, vol. 1041, pp. l–52.