Peculiarities of neuro-psychic state and life quality of children and teenagers formed under influence exerted by risk factors existing in educational environment
A.G. Setko, E.A. Terekhova, A.V. Tyurin, M.M. Mokeeva
Orenburg State Medical University, 6 Sovetskaya Str., Orenburg, 460000, Russian Federation
Today education is being modernized in the RF and it involves active development of innovative educational establishments, particularly, those where students stay round-the-clock. Intra-school environment in such establishments has its peculiarities and there are several factors in the educational process there which influence a child's body thus deteriorating his or her physical and mental health. To make educational processes efficient in such establishments, it is necessary to pay close attention to children's neuro-psychic state and quality of their life. Our research goal was to assess students' neuro-psychic state and quality of their life in an educational establishment where they stayed round-the-clock. We performed this assessment via questioning with standard questionnaires. As a result, we revealed that such adverse factors in the intra-school environment as non-rational organization of the educational process and daily regimen led to poorer neuro-psychic state and lower quality of children's life. It became obvious through an increase in number of students with higher anxiety level, from 16 % in the fifth grade to 19 % in the tenth grade. Both physical and mental components of life quality also deteriorated. We revealed that anxiety level and life quality parameters depended on non-rational organization of the educational process and daily regimen.
The existing situation calls for working out and implementation of modern preventive health-preserving activities and active medical support provided for the educational process; these activities should be aimed at lowering risks caused by negative influence exerted by intra-school environment factors on students' neuro-psychic state and quality of their life.
- Akhmadullina Kh.M., Akhmadullin U.Z., Timoshenko K.T., Yalaeva E.T. Vliyanie vnutrishkol'noi sredy na zdorov'e uchashchikhsya v svete reformirovaniya sistemy obrazovaniya [Effect of Intra-School Environment on the Health of Schoolchildren in the Light of Education Reform]. Vestnik VEGU, 2015, vol. 2, no. 76, pp. 233–242 (in Russian).
- Baranov A.A., Namazova-Baranova L.S., Al'bitskii V.Yu., Terletskaya R.N., Antonova E.V. Sostoyanie i problemy zdorov'ya podrostkov v Rossii [The condition and problems of adolescents'' health of Russia]. Problemy sotsial'noi gigieny, zdravookhraneniya i istorii meditsiny, 2014, no. 6, pp. 10–14 (in Russian).
- Ashvits I.V., Shirinskii V.A. Gigienicheskaya otsenka zdorov'ya vospitannikov kadet-skogo korpusa [Hygienic Health State Evaluation In Alumni Of Omsk Military School]. Vestnik Ural'skoi meditsinskoi akademicheskoi nauki, 2009, vol. 3, no. 26, pp. 6–7 (in Russian).
- Setko A.G., Terekhova E.A. Fiziologo-gigienicheskaya otsenka izmenenii v sostoyanii zdorov'ya shkol'nikov, obuchayushchikhsya v razlichnykh tipakh obrazovatel'nykh uchrezhdenii [Physiological and hygienic assessment of changes in health of school students attending educational establishments of various types]. Aktual'nye problemy pediatrii: materialy XIX Kongressa pediatrov Rossii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem, 12–14 fevralya 2016 goda [Vital problems of pediatrics: Materials of the XIX Congress of Russian pediatricians with international participation, February 12–14, 2016]. Moscow, 2016, pp. 270 (in Russian).
- Terekhova, E.A. Vliyanie vnutrishkol'noi sredy na funktsional'nye rezervy uchashchikhsya [Influence exerted by intra-school environment on students' functional reserves]. Dni molodezhnoi nauki: materialy V Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi kon-ferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem, posvyashchennoi 70-letiyu studencheskogo nauchno-go obshchestva im. F.M. Lazarenko Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo universiteta [Days of youth's science: Materials of the V Russian theoretical and practical conference with international participation dedicated to the 70th anniversary of F.M. Lazarenko's Orenburg State Medical University]. Orenburg, 2016, pp. 145–146 (in Russian).
6.Valeeva E.R., Ziyatdinova A.I., Akberova G.R. Gigienicheskaya otsenka vnutrishkol'noi sredy v obrazovatel'nykh uchrezhdeniyakh razlichnogo tipa [Hygienic Assessment Of School Environment In Educational Institutions Of Various Types] Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2015, no. 6, pp. 59 (in Russian).
- Kuchma V.R., Safonkina S.G., Moldvanov V.V. Otsenka svyazi mezhdu zdorov'em detei, poseshchayushchikh obrazovatel'nye uchrezhdeniya, i urovnem ikh sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya [Assessment of relationship between health of children attending educaitonal establishments and their sanitary-epidemiologic state]. Nauchnye vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosudar-stvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Meditsina. Farmatsiya, 2014, vol. 28, no. 24–1 (195), pp. 73–76 (in Russian).
- Polyakova A.N., Selezneva E.V., Denisova N.B., T.V. Pozdnyakova Sredovye faktory obrazovatel'nogo i sostoyanie zdorov'ya uchashchikhsya [The Factors Of School''s Surroundings And Pupil''s Health]. Vestnik novykh meditsinskikh tekhnologii. Elektronnoe izdanie, 2013, no. 1, pp. 242 (in Russian).
- Setko A.G., Terekhova E.A. Gigienicheskaya otsenka faktorov vnutrishkol'noi sredy i organizatsii uchebno-vospitatel'nogo protsessa na adaptatsionnye rezervy organizma obuchayushchikhsya kadetskogo uchilishcha [Hygienic assessment of influence exerted by intra-school environment factors and educational process
organization on adaptation reserves of students attending a round-the-clock military school]. Profilakticheskaya meditsina – 2017: Sbornik nauchnykh trudov Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem, 6-7 dekabrya 2017 g [Prevention medicine – 2017: works collected at the Russian theoretical and practical conference with international participation, December 6–7, 2017]. St. Petersburg, 2017, pp. 41–50 (in Russian).
- Setko A.G., Mryasova Zh.K., Terekhova E.A. Kompleksnaya otsenka okruzhayushchei sredy kak faktora riska zabolevaemosti detei promyshlennogo goroda [Complex assessment of the environment as a risk factor causing morbidity among children living in an industrial city]. Materialy mezhduna-rodnogo Foruma Nauchnogo soveta RF po ekologii cheloveka i gigiene okruzhayushchei sredy, posvyashchennogo 85-letiyu FGBU «NII ekologii cheloveka i gigieny okruzhayu-shchei sredy im. A.N. Sysina», 15–16 dekabrya 2016 g [Materials of the International congress held by the RF Scientific Council for human ecology and environmental hygiene, dedicated to the85-th anniversary of A.N. Syisin's Scientific Research Institute for Human Ecology and Environmental Hygiene, December 15-16, 2016]. Moscow, 2016, pp. 210–213 (in Russian).
- Terekhova E.A. Osobennosti adaptatsii i rezervnykh vozmozhnostei organizma shkol'nikov [Peculiarities of schoolchildren's body adaptation and reserves]. Innovatsionnye idei molodykh issledovatelei v oblasti biologii, ekologicheskoi bezopasnosti i prirodopol'zovaniya: materialy mezhvuzovskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii studentov i aspirantov [Innovative ideas of young researchers in the spheres of biology, ecological safety and use of natural resources: materials of interuniversity theoretical and practical conference for students and postgraduates]. Orenburg, 2015, pp. 73–75 (in Russian).
- Beilina E.B., Setko N.P., Volodina E.A., Bulycheva E.V. Osobennosti adaptatsionnykh reaktsii organizma shkol'nikov v usloviyakh obrazova-tel'nogo protsessa [Peculiarities of schoolchildren's adaptation reactions within educational process]. Okhrana zdorov'ya i bezopasnost' zhiznedeyatel'nosti detei i podrostkov. Aktual'nye problemy, taktika i strategiya deistvii: materialy IV Vserossiiskogo kongressa po shkol'noi i universitetskoi meditsine s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem. 2014, рр. 31–32 (in Russian).
- Setko N.P., Bulycheva E.V., Valova A.Ya. Osobennosti stanovleniya sotsial'no-psikhologicheskoi adaptatsii gimnazistov, obuchayushchikhsya v sisteme printsipov L.V. Zankova i M. Montessori [Peculiarities of social-psychological adaptation of schoolchildren who are educated within L.V. Zankov and M.Montessori paradigm]. Dushevnoe zdorov'e naseleniya na granitse Evropy i Azii: materialy VI Mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii [Mental health of population living at the Europe-Asia border: materials of the VI International conference]. 2016, pp. 119–120 (in Russian).
- Novik A.A., Ionova T.I. Rukovodstvo po issledovaniyu kachestva zhizni v meditsine [Guide to the study of quality of life in medicine]. St. Petersburg, Neva Publ., Moscow, Olma-Press Publ., 2002, 315 p. (in Russian).