Assessment of sensorimotor reactions peculiarities detected in certified test laboratory center staff during their occupational activities
I.G. Nenakhov, Yu.I. Stepkin, I.A. Yakimova
Voronezh State Medical University named after N.N. Burdenko, 10 Studencheskaya Str., g. Voronezh, 394036, Russian Federation
Our research was performed on 90 people working at Voronezh Center for Hygiene and Epidemiology, a certified test laboratory center. Our research goal was to assess peculiarities of sensorimotor reactions detected in personnel of hygienic and epidemiologic laboratories as per simple visual-motor reaction parameters and complex visual-motor reaction. To examine visual-motor reactions, we applied EffectonStudio software, "Jaguar. Perception. Reactions. Research on precision and speed qualities and human working capacity" package, and Maslash and Jackson procedure supplemented with a mathematical model developed in Bechterev's Saint-Petersburg Scientific Research Psychoneurological Institute to assess occupational burnout risks. The paper dwells on how fatigue develops during a working week and on contributions made by each working day into overall fatigue experienced by personnel employed at a certified test laboratory center. We examined occupational burnout peculiarities detected in laboratory center workers as per emotional exhaustion parameters, depersonalization, and reduction in professional competences; we calculated integral burnout index for them. We reveled health risks for certified test laboratory center personnel which were caused by their emotional burnout and determined cause-and effect relations between the central nervous system functional state and emotional burnout. On the basis of the obtained data we made recommendations on prevention activities aimed at working conditions optimization and occupational burnout prophylaxis. Our research supplements and enlarges this knowledge sphere in occupational hygiene in terms of examining and preventing fatigue occurring in personnel at their workplaces.
- Nikolaeva E.I., El'nikova O.E. Spetsifika vospriyatiya struktury sensornogo potoka ispytuemymi s razlich-noi gruppoi zdorov'ya [Specificity of Sensory Flow Structure Perception by the Subjects with Different Health Groups]. Uchenye zapiski ZabGU. Seriya: Pedagogika i psikhologiya, 2016, vol. 11, no 2, pp. 154–162 (in Russian).
- Gulin A.V., Shutova S.V., Murav'eva I.V. Osobennosti sensomotornogo reagirovaniya studentov na razlichnykh etapakh obucheniya v vuze [Features of Sensory-Motor Reactions of Students in Different Periods of Training in high School]. Vestnik Tambovskogo universiteta. Seriya: Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki, 2012, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 944–947 (in Russian).
- Ivanchenko S.R., Malykh S.B. Priroda izmenchivosti skorostnykh kharakteristik sensomotornykh reaktsii v razlichnykh eksperimental'nykh usloviyakh [An essence of velocity characteristics changeability which sensorimotor reactions have under different experimental conditions]. Voprosy psikhologii, 1994, no. 6, pp. 80–86 (in Russian).
- Iznak A.F., Iznak E.V., Sorokin S.A. Dynamics and relationships of parameters of cognitive evoked potentials and sensorimotor reactions in the treatment of apathic depression. Zh. Nevrol. Psikhiatr. Im. S.S. Korsakova, 2011, vol. 111, no. 9, pp. 52–57.
- Shutova S.V., Murav'eva I.V. Sensomotornye reaktsii kak kharakteristika funktsional'nogo sostoyaniya TsNS [Sensorimotor reactions as characteristics of functional state of CNS]. Vestnik Tambovskogo universiteta. Seriya: Estestvennye i tekhnicheskie nauki, 2013, vol. 18, no. 5–3, pp. 2831–2840 (in Russian).
- Gutnik B.I., Zitz S.V., Maksimova A.V. Characteristics of the latent period of sensorimotor reactions in middle-aged and elderly outpatients with asthma during long-term treatment with inhaled glucocorticostero-ids. Ter. Arkh., 2012, vol. 84, no. 8, pp. 41–44.
- Leonova A.B. Osnovnye podkhody k izucheniyu professional'nogo stressa [Basic approaches to occupa-tional stress examination]. Vestnik Moskovskogo universiteta. Seriya 14: Psikhologiya, 2000, no. 3, pp. 4–21 (in Russian).
- Solodkov A.S., Shchegolev V.S. Novye podkhody k otsenke rabotosposobnosti i utomleniya operatorov [New approaches to assessing operators' working capacity and fatigue]. Aktual'nye problemy fiziologii truda i pro-fessional'noi ergonomiki: materialy ezhegodnoi konferentsii [Vital issues of occupational physiology and occupational ergonomics: materials collected at annual conference]. Moscow, Izd-vo Minzdrava SSSR Publ., 1990, vol. 1, pp. 109–112 (in Russian).
- Vodop'yanova N.E. Psikhicheskoe vygoranie [Psychic burnout]. Stomatolog, 2002, no. 7,pp. 12(in Russian).
- Vodop'yanova N.E., Starchenkova E.S. «Sindrom vygoraniya» v sisteme «chelovek–chelovek» ["Burn-out syndrome" in a "human-human" system]. Praktikum po psikhologii menedzhmenta i professional'noi deyatel'nosti [A workshop on management psychology and occupational activities]. In. G.S. Nikiforov, ed. Sankt-Peterburg, Piter-Press Publ., 2001, 448 p. (in Russian).
- Aidarkin E.K., Kirpach E.S. Neirofiziologicheskie mekhanizmy formirovaniya sensomotornogo stereoti-pa pri slozhnoi operatorskoi deyatel'nosti [Neurophysiologic mechanisms of sensorimotor stereotype formation in complex operator's activities]. Valeologiya, 2011, no. 3, pp. 98–110 (in Russian).
- Nenakhov I.G., Stepkin Yu.I. Otsenka rabotosposobnosti sotrudnikov ispytatel'nogo laboratornogo tsentra (na primere FBUZ «Tsentr gigieny i epidemiologii v Voronezhskoi oblasti») [Assessment of Employees` Working Capacity in Laboratory Testing Center (in the Case of the "Centre of Hygiene and Epidemiology in Voronezh Region")]. Universum: Meditsina i farmakologiya, 2017, no. 3, pp. 39–41 (in Russian).
- Deore D.N., Surwase S.P., Masroor S., Khan S.T., Kathore V. A cross sectional study on the relationship between the body mass index (bmi) and the audiovisual reaction time (ART). J. Clin. Diagn. Res., 2012, vol. 6, no. 9, pp. 1466–1468.
- Lozinskaya E.I., Lutova N.B., Vid V.D. Sistemnyi indeks sindroma peregoraniya (na osnove testa MBI): Metodicheskie rekomendatsii [Systemic burnout syndrome index (based on MBI test): methodical guidelines]. Sankt-Peterburg, 2007, 19 p. (in Russian).
- Ukhtomskii A.A. Vozbuzhdenie, utomlenie, tormozhenie [Excitation, fatigue, inhibition]. Fiziologicheskii zhurnal SSSR, 1934, no. 6, pp.1114–1125 (in Russian).
- Jacobson B.H., Edgley B.M. Effects of caffeine on simple reaction time and movement time. Aviat. Space Environ. Med., 1987, vol. 58, no. 12, pp. 1153–1156.