Influence exerted by natural-climatic conditions on air quality on areas where open-air sport facilities are located (on the example of Kazan)
N.Kh. Davletova1, Е.А. Tafeeva2
1Povolzhskaya State Academy for Physical Culture, Sport, and Tourism, 35 Universiada Viollage, Kazan', Russian Federation
2Kazan State Medical University, 49 ButlerovaStr., g. Kazan', 420012, RussianFederation
Atmospheric air contamination holds the first place among priority factors which determine environmental risks for sportsmen's health at open-air sport facilities. Training processes especially those aimed at aerobic endurance development and improvement are inefficient under ecologically unfavorable conditions. Our research goal was to assess atmospheric air quality on territories where open-air sport facilities were located in Kazan. Our initial materials were data on contaminants emissions on Kazan territory, results of instrumental research on air quality, data taken from state Reports on natural resources and environmental protection issued in Tatarstan in 2006–2016.
We examined impacts exerted by meteorological conditions on dispersion and accumulation of emissions from stationary sources and automobile transport in close proximity to open-air sport facilities. We charted all the open-air sport facilities and enterprises and assessed mutual influences by various city districts on each other depending on prevailing winds which de-termined contaminants transfer from place to place. Our analysis on winds repeatability from May to September over 2006–2016 revealed that North-West wind prevailed in July, and West wind, in May, June, August, and September. Conditions which were favorable for contaminants dispersion were observed only in 30.9 % of months over the examined period; partially favorable or even unfavorable ones occurred in 69.1 % of time. So, natural-climatic conditions existing in Kazan create specific qualitative composition of city air and contaminants are present in atmospheric air above open-air sport facilities in concentrations exceeding maximum permissible ones. It causes potential risks for sportsmen' s health. The obtained data give grounds for air monitoring planning at periods when sport events take place; for organizing work at priority enterprises when meteorological conditions are unfavorable; they can also be applied when changes are made into architectural and design plans for the city territory including transport routes development; or when activities aimed at environment protection are developed and im-plemented.
- Bondin V.I. Dvigatel'naya aktivnost' i zdorov'e cheloveka v usloviyakh tekhnogennogo zagryazneniya okruzhayushchei sredy [Human motor activity and health under technogenic environmental contamination]. Fizicheskaya kul'tura, sport, zdorov'e i dolgoletie: Sbornik materialov pyatoi Vserossiiskoi s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem nauchnoi konferentsii [Physical culture, sport, health and longevity: Collection of materials issued for the Fifth Russian scientific conference with international participation]. Moscow, 2016, pp. 3–7 (in Russian).
- Naskalov V.M. Uchet sostoyaniya atmosfernogo vozdukha dlya organizatsii zanyatii fizicheskimi upra-zhneniyami [Accounting of the condition of atmospheric air for the organization of occupations by physical exercises]. Uchenye zapiski universiteta im. P.F. Lesgafta, 2015, vol. 120, no. 2, pp. 95–99 (in Russian).
- Carlisle A.J., Sharp N.C. Exercise and outdoor ambient air pollution. Br. J. Sports. Med., 2001, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 214–222.
- Donnelly A.A, MacIntyre T.E, O'Sullivan N., Warrington G., Harrison A.J., Igou E.R., Jones M., Gidlow C., Brick N., Lahart I., Cloak R., Lane A.M. Environmental Influences on Elite Sport Athletes Well Being: From Gold, Silver, and Bronze to Blue Green and Gold. Front Psychol., 2016, vol. 4, no. 7, pp. 1167. DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.01167
- Kargarfard M., Shariat A., Shaw B.S., Shaw I., Lam E.T., Kheiri A., Eatemadyboroujeni A., Tamrin S.B. Effects of polluted air on cardiovascular and hematological parameters after progressive maximal aerobic exercise. Lung, 2015, vol. 193, no. 2, pp. 275–281. DOI: 10.1007/s00408-014-9679-1
- Zaitseva N.V., May I.V., Kleyn S.V., Vekovshinina S.A., Balashov S.Yu. Prakticheskii opyt otsenki i upravleniya neinfektsionnymi riskami dlya zdorov'ya pri podgotovke massovykh sportivnykh meropriyatii (na pri-mere Vsemirnoi Letnei Universiady – 2013 v Kazani i Olimpiiskikh zimnikh igr – 2014 v Sochi) [Practical experi-ence in the assessment and management of non- infectious health risks during the preparation of the mass sports events (using the example of the 2013 summer Universiade in Kazan and the 2014 winter Olympics in Sochi)]. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2015, no. 12 (273), pp. 4–7 (in Russian).
- Kozlovskii A.P., Kalinkin L.A., Bobkov G.A., Morozov V.N. Ekologiya leta 2010 goda i trenirovochnyi protsess v Podmoskov'e sportsmenov raznykh spetsializatsii [Ecology during summer 2010 and training for sportsmen with different specializations on the Moscow Metropolitan Area]. Fizicheskaya kul'tura i massovyi sport v osnove zdorov'esberegayushchikh tekhnologii, rol' nauki v povyshenii effektivnosti upravleniya podgotovkoi sportsmenov na mnogoletnikh etapakh: Itogovyi sbornik Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem [Physical culture and mass sport as a basis for health-preserving technologies, a role science plays in raising efficiency of sportsmen training management for long-term periods: Resulting collection of Russian theoretical and practical conference withinternaitonal participation]. Moscow, 2013, pp. 125–130 (in Russian).
- Lippi G., Guidi G.C., Maffulli N. Air pollution and sports performance in Beijing. Int. J. Sports. Med., 2008, vol. 29, no. 8, pp. 696–698. DOI: 10.1055/s-2008-1038684
- Davletova N.Kh. Avtotransport kak global'nyi istochnik zagryazneniya atmosfernogo vozdukha [Autotransport as the main source of the air polution]. Sovremennye naukoemkie tekhnologii, 2005, no. 4, pp. 90 (in Russian).
- Arkhiv pogody g. Kazan [Weather in Kazan: archive]. Available at: https://rp5.ru (26.09.2017) (in Russian).
- Ezhegodnyi obzor sostoyaniya zagryazneniya atmosfernogo vozdukha [Annual review on atmospheric air contamination]. Available at: http://www.tatarmeteo.ru/ru/monitoring-okruzhayushhej-sredyi/ezhegodnyij... (26.09.2017) (in Russian).
- Selegei T.S., Filonenko N.N., Lenkovskaya T.N. O metodike opredeleniya meteorologicheskogo potentsi-ala zagryazneniya atmosfery [On the method of determining meteorological air pollution potential]. Optika atmosfery i okeana, 2015, vol. 28, no. 8, pp. 725–729 (in Russian).
- Tafeeva E.A., Ivanov A.V., Titova A.A., Akhmetzyanova I.F. Monitoring zagryazneniya atmosfernogo vozdukha kak faktora riska zdorov'yu naseleniya Kazani [Air pollutions as a risk factor for the population health in Kazan city]. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2015, no. 3, pp. 37–40 (in Russian).
- Yanglicheva Yu.R., Valeeva G.R. Zakonomernosti formirovaniya khimicheskogo sostava atmosfery na territorii g. Kazan' [Laws of formation of chemical composition of the atmosphere in the territory of Kazan]. Yug Rossii: ekologiya, razvitie, 2016, no. 2, pp. 108–120 (in Russian).
- Azarov V.N., Dontsova T.V. O balansakh vrednykh veshchestv v atmosfere krupnykh gorodov [Balances of pollutants in the atmosphere of largest cities]. Internet-vestnik VolgGASU, 2014, no. 1, pp. 1–11. Available at: http://vestnik.vgasu.ru/?source=4&articleno=1538 (01.10.2017) (in Russian).
- Rybkin V.S., Chuikov Yu.S., Kolomin V.V., Teplaya G.A., Vavilina A.V. Ekologicheskie problemy i sostoyanie zdorov'ya naseleniya v Astrakhanskom regione [Environmental Problems and health status in Astrakhan Region]. Astrakhanskii vestnik ekologicheskogo obrazovaniya, 2016, no. 1, pp. 36–41 (in Russian).