Assessment of correlation between leucocytes migration reaction and level of inhalation exposure to priority air contaminants
L.B. Masnavieva, I.V. Kudaeva, V.S. Rukavishnikov
East-Siberian Institute of Medical and Ecological Research, 12а microdistrict, 3, Angarsk, 665827, Russian Federation
Nowadays each forth person suffers from allergic diseases and allergic pathology prevalence is constantly growing. There are compounds in air which are generally toxic, or have sensitizing or allergenic effects on a body. For example, we can name formaldehyde and nitrogen dioxide. Our research goal was to reveal a correlation between reaction of leucocytes migration inhibition to formaldehyde and level of inhalation exposure to the examined chemicals. We examined 410 teenag-ers who permanently lived in industrial cities in Irkutsk region. We studied individual load as per formaldehyde and nitrogen dioxide. We estimated eosinophils content in nasal mucus and determined indexes of leucocytes migration inhibition to for-maldehyde. Index of formaldehyde effects danger was detected to exceed 1 in 54% teenagers. The greatest value of danger coefficient in terms of exposure to this substance was equal to 1.76. anger index in terms of exposure to nitrogen dioxide didn't exceed 0.7 in the examined teenagers. The obtained results prove that inhalation formaldehyde load influences teenag-ers from industrial centers as sensitization to this substance evolves in them. We found out that true inhibition reaction of leucocytes migration in a reaction with formaldehyde more frequently occurred in people with danger index in terms of ex-posure to this substance being lower than 1. We obtained models which described correlation between level of sensitization to formaldehyde and a number of eosinophils in nasal mucus and it allowed us to detect that sensitization depended on the examined contaminants content in the air. The sensitization to chemical air contaminants which we revealed in teenagers calls for necessary activities aimed at reducing risks of allergenic pathology evolvement in them.
- Abramatets E.A., Efimova N.V. Nekotorye epidemiologicheskie aspekty allergopatologii u podrostkov promyshlennykh tsentrov [Some epidemiological aspect of allergopathology in teen-agers living in industrial cen-tres]. Sibirskii meditsinskii zhurnal (Irkutsk), 2011, vol.105, no. 6, pp. 216–218 (in Russian).
- Lebedev K.A., Ponyakina I.D., Mitronin A.V., Sagan L.G., Goncharov I.Yu., Godunova M.I. Diagnostika allergoneperenosimosti proteznykh materialov [Diagnostics of allergic intolerance to prosthetic materials]. Rossi-iskii stomatologicheskii zhurnal, 2005, no. 6, pp.25–32 (in Russian).
- Dueva L.A., Karamysheva A.V. Reaktsiya spetsificheskoi degranulyatsii tuchnykh kletok bryzheiki krys i morskikh svinok kak novyi test dlya otsenki allergicheskoi aktivnosti khimicheskikh veshchestv [Reaction of mastocytes specific degranulation in mesentery of rats and cavies as a new test to assess chemicals allergic activity]. Toksikologicheskii vestnik, 2001, no. 4, pp. 19–23. Available at: http://www.fesmu.ru/elib/Article.aspx?id=62265 (08.06.2017) (in Russian).
- Kudaeva I.V., Masnavieva L.B. Rezul'taty laboratornykh metodov diagnostiki allergopatologii u podrostkov promyshlennykh tsentrov [Results of laboratory methods for diagnosis of allergy adolescents living in the industrial centers]. Mezhdunarodnyi zhurnal prikladnykh i fundamental'nykh issledovanii, 2014, no. 11–2, pp. 287–290 (in Russian).
- Masnavieva L.B., Efimova N.V., Kudaeva I.V. Otsenka khimicheskogo riska zdorov'yu podrostkov i urov-nya spetsificheskikh autoantitel [Individual risks to adolescent health, caused by contaminating the air, and their relationship with the levels of specific autoantibodies]. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2016, no. 8, pp. 738–743.
- Ovsyannikov N.V., Lyapin V.A., Avdeev S.N. Zagryaznenie Okruzhayushchei sredy i zabolevaemost' bronkhial'noi astmoi vzroslogo naseleniya krupnogo promyshlennogo goroda [Environmental pollution and the incidence bronchial asthma of the adult population of a large industrial city]. Kazanskii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2011, no. 4, pp. 577–581(in Russian).
- Maklakova O.A., Ustinova O.Yu., Belyaeva E.S., Shcherbakov A.A. Osobennosti kardial'nykh narushenii u detei s khronicheskimi zabolevaniyami organov dykhaniya, assotsiirovannymi s aerogennym vozdeistviem khimicheskikh faktorov sredy obitaniya [Features of cardiac disorders in children with chronic respiratory diseases associated with aerogenic exposure to chemical environmental factors]. Analiz riska zdorov'yu, 2016, no. 1, pp. 42–49. DOI: 10.21668/health.risk/2016.1.05.eng (in Russian).
- Lisetskaya L.G., L.A. Dedkova, I.V. Tikhonova, N.A. Taranenko Otsenka stepeni zagryaznennosti voz-dukha i patologiya verkhnikh dykhatel'nykh putei u podrostkov urbanizirovannykh territorii Irkutskoi oblasti [As-sessment of air contamination and upper respiratory tract pathology in teenagers living on urbanized areas of Irkutsk region]. Byulleten' Vostochno-Sibirskogo nauchnogo tsentra SO RAMN, 2013, vol. 91, no. 3–1, pp. 91–95 (in Russian).
- Masnavieva L.B., Kudaeva I.V., Efimova N.V., Budarina L.A., Tikhonova I.V. Primenenie immunobi-okhimicheskikh pokazatelei dlya vyyavleniya khronicheskoi patologii verkhnikh dykhatel'nykh putei [Application of immuno-biochemical indices for the identification of the chronic pathology of the upper respiratory tract]. Gi-giena i sanitariya, 2014, vol. 93, no. 5, pp. 124–127 (in Russian).
- Rukovodstvo po otsenke riska dlya zdorov'ya naseleniya pri vozdeistvii khimicheskikh veshchestv, zag-ryaznyayushchikh okruzhayushchuyu sredu R 184.108.40.2060-04 [Guide to health risk assessment when exposed to chemicals polluting the environment 220.127.116.110-04]. Moscow, Federal'nyi tsentr gossanepidnadzora Minzdrava Rossii, Publ., 2004, 143 p. (in Russian).
- Khaitov R.M., Il'ina N.I. Allergicheskie bolezni v Rossii na rubezhe vekov. Otsenka situatsii v XXI veke: Obzor [Allergic diseases in Russia at the turn of the century: evaluation of the situation in XXI century]. Profil-akticheskaya i klinicheskaya meditsina, 2005, no. 1, pp. 170–176 (in Russian).
- Shaposhnikov D.I., Padrul' M.M., Polygalova S.V., Gomzyakova I.V., Koryukina I.P., Vdovina G.P. Khimicheskaya sensibilizatsiya k solyam khroma i formal'degida devochek-podrostkov [Chemical sensitization to chromium salts and formaldehyde teenage girls]. Rossiiskii pediatricheskii zhurnal, 2002, no. 1, pp. 21–24 (in Russian).
- Kim B.J., Seo J.H., Jung Y.H., Kim H.Y., Kwon J.W., Kim H.B., Lee Y., Park S., Yu J., Kim H.C., Leem J.H., Lee J.Y., Sakong J., Kim S.Y., Lee C.G., Kang D.M., Ha M., Hong Y.C., Kwon H.J., Hong S.J. Air pollution interacts with past episodes of bronchiolitis in the development of asthma. Allergy, 2013, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 517–523.
- Brozek G., Lawson J., Szumilas D., Zejda J. Increasing prevalence of asthma, respiratory symptoms, and allergic diseases: Four repeated surveys from 1993–2014. Respir. Med., 2015, vol. 109, no. 8, pp. 982–990.
- Vimercati L., Gatti M.F., Baldassarre A., Nettis E., Favia N., Palma M., Martina G.L., Di Leo E., Musti M. Occupational Exposure to Urban Air Pollution and Allergic Diseases. Int. J. Environ. Res. Public. Health, 2015, vol. 12, no. 10, pp.12977–12987. DOI:10.3390/ijerph121012977
- Prodi A., Rui F., Belloni Fortina A., Corradin M.T., Larese Filon F. Sensitization to Formaldehyde in Northeastern Italy, 1996 to 2012. Dermatitis, 2016, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 21–25.
- Shirinde J., Wichmann J., Voyi K. Allergic rhinitis, rhinoconjunctivitis and hayfever symptoms among children are associated with frequency of truck traffic near residences: a cross sectional study. Environ Health, 2015, vol. 26, no. 14, pp. 84. DOI:10.1186/s12940-015-0072-1
- Yatsyna I.V., Sineva E.L., Tulakin A.V., Zhadan I.Y., Preobrazhenskaya E.A., Sarancha E.O. The health of children in the industrialized. Gig. Sanit., 2015, vol. 94, no. 5, pp. 39–44.
- Xiang R., Xu Y. Effect of formaldehyde inhalation on allergic rhinitis in mice. Lin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi, 2015, vol. 29, no. 16, pp. 1467–1471.