Trial hygienic assessment and minimizing environmental health risks during leaders council meeting of shanghai cooperation organization countries and meeting of leaders and government heads of brics countries held in Ufa
S.V. Kleyn1,2, S.Yu. Balashov1, E.G. Stepanov3, N.Kh. Davletnurov3
1 Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
2 Perm State National Research University, 15 Bukireva Str., Perm, 614990, Russian Federation
3 Federal Service for Surceillance over Consumer Rights protection and Human Well-being, Bashkortostan Republic regional office 58 R. Zorge Str., Ufa, 450054, Russian Federation
The article outlines the results and experience obtained in the process of giving scientific grounds for volume and essence of a monitoring program, and detecting territories with health risks for Ufa city population, as well as for participants and visitors during the Summits (SCO member states leaders council and meeting of BRICS leaders and heads of BRICS countries governments). We detected that if unfavorable meteorological conditions occurred (calm or wind weaker than 0.5 m/sec) and if industrial enterprises were working at full capacity together with motorways being under peak loads it could lead to unacceptable health risks in areas where the Summits were organized; such risks for exposed population were related to dangers for respiratory organs (up to 5.66HI), eyes (up to 3.2HI), and system effects (up to 1.3HI). When we modeled weather conditions which were typical for July risks were assessed as being lower (in relation to respiratory organs up to 2.8HI, eyesight, up to 1.05HI, system effects up to 1.03HI), and an area where such risks could possibly occur was considerably smaller. We didn't detect any unacceptable health risks for participants and visitors of the Summits under exposure to chemical admixtures from drinking water and soil (HI=0.17 and HI=3.95*10–7 correspondingly). We suggested optimal programs for monitoring environmental objects aimed at providing maximum control over the situation. We also recommended to perform additional measurements of PM10 and PM2.5 fine-dispersed dust fractions when monitoring air quality. A comprehensive sanitary analysis of drinking water and soil quality control as per standard programs were offered. We created a set of activities which allowed to minimize health risks and to provide safe conditions for the Summits in term of all the examined factors. Implementation of the created monitoring program and recommended sanitary-epidemiologic activities as per data of instrumental air quality examination (more than 40,000 examinations as per 30 admixtures) as well as drinking water and soils during the SCO and BRICS Summits and on the days when the delegations arrived and left allowed to eliminate unacceptable risks for negative impacts on the health of Ufa population, participants, and visitors of the Summits. Participants and visitors of the events didn't suffer from any acute health disorders during this period.
- Onishchenko G.G., Popova A.Yu., Kuz'kin B.P., [i dr.]. XXII Olimpiiskie zimnie igry i XI Paralimpiiskie zimnie igry 2014 goda v g. Sochi. Obespechenie sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya: monografiya [XXII Winter Olympic Games and XI Paralympic winter games in 2014 in Sochi. Providing sanitary-epidemiologic wellbeing: monograph]. In: G.G. Onishchenko, A. N. Kulichenko eds. Tver, Izdatel'stvo Triada, Publ., 2015, 576 p. (in Russian).
- Onishchenko G.G., Zaitseva N.V., Maу I.V. [et al.]. Analiz riska zdorov'yu v strategii gosudarstvennogo sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya: monografiya [Health risk analysis in the strategy of state social and economical development]. In: G.G. Onishchenko, N.V. Zaitseva. Perm, Izd-vo Permskogo natsional'nogo issledovatel'skogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta Publ., 2014, 738 p. (in Russian).
- Global'nye massovye meropriyatiya: ikh znachenie i vozmozhnosti dlya obespecheniya bezopasnosti zdorov'ya v mire: Doklad Sekretariata [Global mass events: their significance and possibilities to provide health safety in the world: Secretariat Report]. Vsemirnaya organizatsiya zdravookhraneniya, 2011, 8 p. Available at: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/25910/1/B130_17-ru.pdf (23.03.2016) (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., May I.V., Kleyn S.V. Optimizatsiya programm nablyudeniya za kachestvom atmosfer-nogo vozdukha selitebnykh territorii v sisteme sotsial'no-gigienicheskogo monitoringa na baze prostranstvennogo analiza i otsenki riska dlya zdorov'ya naseleniya [Optimization of programs for monitoring air quality on areas aimed for development in social-hygienic monitoring system on the basis of spatial analysis and population health risk assessment]. Permskii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2010, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 130–138 (in Russian).
- Mezhdunarodnye mediko-sanitarnye pravila [International Health Regulations (2005)]. Vsemirnaya organizatsiya zdravookhraneniya, 2008, 90 p. Available at: http://www.who.int/ihr/9789241596664/ru/ (22.02.2017) (in Russian).
- Imamov A.A., Balabanova L.A., Zamalieva M.A., Radchenko O.R. O planirovanii laboratornykh issledovanii v tselyakh obespecheniya sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya pri provedenii massovykh meropriyatii [On planning of laboratory researches for ensuring sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing during carrying out mass actions]. Vestnik Rossiiskoi voenno-meditsinskoi akademii, 2015, vol. 49, no. 1, pp. 185–188 (in Russian).
- Balakhonov S.V., Chesnokova M.V., Andaev E.I., Kosilko S.A. i dr. Obespechenie sanitarno-epidemio-logicheskogo blagopoluchiya v period podgotovki i provedeniya sammita ATES-2012: monografiya [Providing sanitary-epidemiologic wellbeing during preparation to APEC-2012 Summit and the Summit itself: monograph]. In: G.G. Onishchenko ed. Novosibirsk, Izd-vo Nauka-Tsentr Publ., 2013, 419 p. (in Russian).
- Vekovshinina S.A., Kleyn S.V., Balashov S.Yu., Nikiforova N.V., Ukhabov V.M. Olimpiada-2014 v Sochi: vybor prioritetnykh pokazatelei i razrabotka mer po upravleniyu riskami zdorov'yu ot vozdeistviya khimi¬cheskikh veshchestv [Olympic games 2014 in Sochi: selection of priority indicators and measures of management of health risk caused by chemicals]. Zdorov'e sem'i – 21 vek, 2015, no. 3, pp. 9–25 (in Russian).
- Olimpiiskaya Khartiya (v deistvii s 9 sentyabrya 2013 g.) [Olympic Charter (came to force on September 9, 2013)]. Mezhdunarodnyi olimpiiskii komitet, 2010. 47 p. Available at: http://olympic.ru/upload/documents/about-committee/charter/charter_09_09... (23.01.2017) (in Russian).
- Patyashina M.A., Balabanova L.A. Problemy obespecheniya sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya massovykh meropriyatii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem v sovremennykh usloviyakh [Current problems of surveying sanitary and epidemiological well-being at public events with international participation]. Kazanskii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2015, vol. 96, no. 1, pp. 90–95 (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., May I.V., Kleyn S.V., Vekovshinina S.A., Balashov S.Yu. Prakticheskii opyt otsenki i upravleniya neinfektsionnymi riskami dlya zdorov'ya pri podgotovke massovykh sportivnykh meropriyatii (na primere Vsemirnoi letnei Universiady – 2013 v Kazani i Olimpiiskikh zimnikh igr – 2014 v Sochi) [Practical experience in the assessment and management of non- infectious health risks during the preparation of the mass sports events (using the example of the 2013 summer Universiade in Kazan and the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi)]. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2015, vol. 273, no. 12, pp. 4–7 (in Russian).
- Rukovodstvo po ocenke riska dlja zdorov'ja naselenija pri vozdejstvii himicheskih veshhestv, zagrjaznjajushhih okruzhajushhuju sredu R 220.127.116.110-04 [Guide to health risk assessment when exposed to chemicals polluting the environment 18.104.22.1680-04]. Moscow, Federal'nyj centr Gossanjepidnadzora Minzdrava Rossii publ., 2004, 143 p. (in Russian).
- Onishchenko G.G., Kutyrev V.V., Toporkov V.P., Karnaukhov I.G., Kulichenko A.N., Balakhonov S.V., Toporkov A.V Sovremennye mobil'nye protivoepidemicheskie kompleksy pri preduprezhdenii i operativnom reagirovanii na chrezvychainye situatsii biologicheskogo kharaktera [State-of-the-art mobile anti-epidemic complexes in the prevention of and response to emergency situations of biological character]. Infektsionnye bolezni: novosti, mneniya, obuchenie, 2016, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 93–101 (in Russian).
- Udovichenko S.K., Toporkov A.V., Toporkov V.P. Metodologicheskie aspekty otsenki epidemiologicheskikh riskov pri provedenii massovykh meropriyatii s mezhdunarodnym uchastiem [Methodological aspects of epidemiologic risks assessment during mass events with international participation]. Innovatsionnye tekhnologii v protivoepidemicheskoi zashchite naseleniya: Materialy Vserossiiskoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii, posvyashchennoi 95-letiyu Nizhegorodskii NII epidemiologii i mikrobiologiii im. akademika I.N. Blokhinoi [Innovative technologies in anti-epidemic protection of the population. Materials of the Russian theoretical and practical conference devoted to the 95-the anniversary of I.N. Blokhina's Nizhniy Novgorod Scientific Research Institute for epidemiology and microbiology], 2014, pp. 22–25 (in Russian).
- Dapeng J., Ljungqvist A., Troedsson H. The health Legacy of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. Successes and Recommendations. World Health Organization, 2008, 191 p.
- Enock K. E., Jacobs J. The Olympic and Paralympics Games 2012: literature review of the logistical planning Operational challenges for public health. Public Health, 2008, vol. 122, no. 11, pp. 1229–1238. DOI: 10.1016/j.puhe.2008.04.016.
- Environmental Health Risk Assessment: Guidelines for assessing human health risks from environmental hazards. Available at: http://www.eh.org.au/resources/knowledge-centre/enhealth-national-documents (22.07.2016).
- Shafi S., Booy R., Haworth E. [et al.]. Hajj: health lessonsfor mass gatherings. Public Health, 2008, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 27–32.
- London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games: Health Protection Agency Testing and Exercising Summary Report, 2013, 7 p. Available at: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attach-ment_data/fi... (22.04.2017).
- Steffen R. Mass gatherings health risks and preventivestrategies. Ther. Vmsch, 2013, vol. 70, no. 6, pp. 350–352.