Methodical approaches to managing risks for endocrine diseases evolvement in children related to impacts of environmental factors occuring on areas aimed for development
Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
It is vital to develop systems of preventing risk-associated pathology due to constantly high levels of endocrine diseases in children exposed to chemicals with trophic effects on endocrine system (lead, cadmium, manganese, chromium, nickel, benzene, phenol, formaldehyde, benzpyrene, chlorine-organic compounds, and nitrates). Applying risk management techniques is one of the most promising trends in prevention of diseases related to environmental impacts. We offer methodical approaches based on system combination of activities at various management levels aimed at improving risk-oriented model of surveillance and control. These approaches enable allowing for detected thropic risk factors in regional social-hygienic monitoring programs, implementing algorithms of case monitoring over exposed children population, and applying contemporary prevention technologies.
Social-hygienic monitoring improvement at territorial level implies stricter control and more comprehensive lists of monitored components. This can be achieved by studying compounds which form risks for endocrine system, by working out scientific-methodological grounds for accounting chemical compounds which are trophic for endocrine system, as well as by refining volumes and contents of scheduled inspections performed at high risks objects together with laboratory examination of chemical compounds including those thropic for endocrine system. Local level includes algorithms and schemes of prevention activities aimed at early detection of endocrine disorders related to chemicals impacts. When we give grounds for personified technologies of endocrine diseases prevention (alimentary disorders, physical retardation and obesity related to impacts exerted by chemicals which are trophic for endocrine system) we should remember that individual programs choice is based not only on their capacity to eliminate priority compounds determining total chemical load on a person faster but also on possibility to correct basic pathophysiological and pathomorphological disorders.
- Doklad o sostoyanii zdorov'ya naseleniya i organizatsii zdravookhraneniya po itogam deyatel'nosti organov ispolnitel'noi vlasti sub"ektov Rossiiskoi Federatsii za 2014 god: Gosudarstvennyi doklad [Report on population health and public healthcare organization as per results of activities by executive power bodies in the RF subjects over 2014: State Report]. Moscow, Ministerstvo zdravookhraneniya Rossiiskoi Federatsii Publ., 2015, 161 p. (in Russian).
- Zhavoronok L.G. Sotsial'no-gigienicheskii monitoring – instrument upravleniya kachestvom sredy obitaniya i zdorov'ya naseleniya [Social-hygienic monitoring as a tool for managing environment quality and population health]. Uchenye zapiski Rossiiskogo gosudarstvennogo sotsial'nogo universiteta, 2009, no. 5, pp. 124–129 (in Russian).
- Zabolevaemost' vsego naseleniya Rossii v 2014 godu: Statisticheskie materialy [Total Russian population morbidity in 2014: Statistic data]. Moscow, Tsentral'nogo nauchno-issledovatel'skogo instituta organizatsii i informatizatsii zdravookhraneniya Ministerstva zdravookhraneniya RF Publ., 2015, part 1, 138 p.
- Zaitseva N.V., May I.V., Kiryanov D.A., Sboev A.S., Andreeva E.E. Kontseptual'nye i metodicheskie aspekty povysheniya effektivnosti kontrol'no-nadzornoi deyatel'nosti na osnove otsenki opasnosti ob"ekta s pozitsii riska prichineniya vreda zdorov'yu naseleniya [Conceptual and methodological aspects of improving the effectiveness of control and supervisory activities based on hazard and risk assessment and estimation of harm to health of the population]. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2014, vol. 261, no. 12, pp. 4–7 (in Russian).
- Luzhetskiy K.P. Ioddefitsitnye zabolevaniya prirodno-obuslovlennogo proiskhozhdeniya u detei Permskogo kraya [Iodine the scarce diseases of the prirodno-technogenic origin at children of the Perm region]. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2010, no. 3, pp. 25–29 (in Russian).
- Luzhetskiy K.P., Ustinova O.Yu., Palagina L.N. Strukturno-dinamicheskii analiz endokrinnoi patologii u detei, prozhivayushchikh v usloviyakh vozdeistviya khimicheskikh tekhnogennykh faktorov sredy obitaniya (na primere Permskogo kraya) [Structural dynamic analysis endocrine disorders in children living in conditions of man-made chemicals environmental factors]. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2013, vol. 248, no. 11, pp. 32–35 (in Russian).
- Popova A.Yu., Zaitseva N.V., May I.V., Kiryanov D.A. O razvitii sistemy risk-orientirovannogo nadzora v oblasti obespecheniya sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya naseleniya i zashchity prav potrebitelei [On the development of the system of risk-based supervision in the field of sanitary and epidemiological welfare of the population and consumer protection]. Analiz riska zdorov'yu, 2015, no. 4, pp. 4–12 (in Russian).
- O sostoyanii sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya naseleniya v Rossiiskoi Federatsii v 2015 godu: Gosudarstvennyi doklad [On sanitary-epidemiologic wellbeing of the population in the RF in 2015: State Report]. Moscow, Federal'naya sluzhba po nadzoru v sfere zashchity prav potrebitelei i blagopoluchiya cheloveka Publ., 2016, 206 p. (in Russian).
- Onishchenko G.G. Vliyanie sostoyaniya okruzhayushchei sredy na zdorov'e naseleniya. Nereshennye problemy i zadachi [Environmental influences on human health: Unsolved problems and tasks]. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2003, no. 1, pp. 3–10 (in Russian).
- Speranskaya O., Sergeev O. Veshchestva narushayushchie rabotu endokrinnoi sistemy: sostoyanie problemy i vozmozhnye napravleniya raboty [Compounds causing disorders in endocrine system functioning: existing problems and possible lines of activities]. Samara, Izdatel'stvo As Gard Publ., 2014, 35 p. (in Russian).
- Tulyakova O.V., Avdeeva M.S. Vliyanie aerotekhnogennogo zagryazneniya na fizicheskoe razvitie, dvigatel'nye kachestva i navyki pervoklassnikov [Influence of air pollution on physical development, moving qualities and skills of the first-year pupils]. Sibirskii meditsinskii zhurnal, 2012, vol. 110, no. 3, pp. 116–118 (in Russian).
- Khamidulina Kh.Kh., Dorofeeva E.V. Endokrinnye razrushiteli – problema naseleniya Zemli v 21 veke [Endocrine disruptors. Present status of the problem]. Toksikologicheskii vestnik, 2013, vol. 2019 no. 2, pp. 51–54 (in Russian).
- Chernyak I.Yu., Shashel' V.A. Epidemiologicheskie i ekologicheskie pokazateli sakharnogo diabeta 1 tipa u detei i podrostkov Krasnodarskogo kraya [Epidemiology and ecology of type 1 diabetes mellitus in children and adolescents of Krasnodar Region]. Sakharnyi diabet, 2013, no. 3, pp. 30–34 (in Russian).
- Yaglova N.V., Yaglov V.V. Endokrinnye razrushiteli – novoe napravlenie issledovanii v endokrinologii [Endocrine disruptors are a novel direction of endocrinologic scientific investigation]. Vestnik Rossiiskoi akademii meditsinskikh nauk, 2012, no. 3, pp. 56–61 (in Russian).
- Chemical Exposures During Pregnancy: Dealing with Potential, but Unproven, Risks to Child Health: Scientific Impact Paper 37. Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, 2013, 7 p.
- Gore A.C., Chappell V.A., Fenton S.E., Flaws J.A., Nadal A., Prins G.S., Toppari J., Zoeller R.T. EDC-2: The Endocrine Society's Second Scientific Statement on Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals. Endocr Rev, 2015, vol. 36, no. 6, pp. E1–E150. DOI: 10.1210/er.2015-1010.
- Zoeller R.T., Brown T.R., Doan L.L., Gore A.C., Skakkebaek N.E., Soto A.M., Woodruff T.J., Vom Saal F.S. Endocrine- Disrupting Chemicals and Public Health Protection: A Statement of Principles from The Endocrine Society. Endocrinology, 2012, vol. 153, no. 9, pp. 4097–4110. DOI: 10.1210/en.2012-1422.
- Diamanti-Kandarakis E., Bourguignon J.P., Giudice L.C., Hauser R., Prins G.S., Soto A.M., Zoeller R.T., Gore A.C. Endocrine-disrupting chemicals: An endocrine society scientificstatement. Endocrine Reviews, 2009, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 293–342. DOI: 10.1210/er.2009-0002.
- Exposure to Toxic Environmental Agents. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Washington, 2013, 17 р.
- Bergman Å., Heindel J.J., Jobling S., Kidd K.A., Zoeller R.T. The State of the Science of Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals – 2012. Geneva: World Health Organization / United Nations Environment Programme, 2013, 296 р.