Hygienic assessment of working conditions and occupational risk for workers health at railway transport objects
Federal Service for Surveillance over Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing, Railway transport office, 17 Dubininskaya Str., Moscow, 115054, Russian Federation
We performed hygienic assessment of working conditions at railway transport over 2011–2015. We detected a decreasing trend in specific weight of working places where physical factors were higher than hygienic standards and where steam and gases content in working area air was higher than maximum permissible concentrations (MPC). Working conditions of locomotive teams remain most unfavorable as per risk factors. We detected that a priori occupation risk for locomotive teams was characterized with parameters varying from moderate to considerable ones. Occupational noise was determined as a priority risk factor making working conditions category a hazardous one and it corresponded to occupational morbidity structure. We detected that sensorineural hearing loss took a leading place in morbidity both in the branch in general and among locomotive team workers. We also clarified that such workers as engine drivers and their assistants (up to 43 %) had the greatest specific weight among railway workers with occupational diseases; occupational morbidity among locomotive team workers amounted to 3.0 per 10,000 workers in 2015 while average morbidity among all railway workers amounted to only 1.32 per 10,000 workers. We revealed that occupational diseases were most frequently detected in workers aged 51–60 (51.9 % in 2014) who had worked under hazardous occupational factors influence for longer than 15 years. While there was an overall decreasing trend in occupa-tional morbidity in the branch in 2011–2015 from 1.68 to 1.32 per 10,000 workers, we detected a brunch peculiarity in the risk group, namely, an unsatisfactory trend for growing share of workers with occupational diseases aged 31–40 (from 2.6 % in 2011 to 12 % in 2014) and it requires special attention in terms of risk management.
- Onishchenko G.G., Zaitseva N.V., May I.V. [et al.]. Analiz riska zdorov'yu v strategii gosudarstvennogo sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya: monografiya [Health risk analysis in state social and economic development strategy: monograph]. In: G.G. Onishchenko, N.V. Zaitseva eds. Moscow, Perm, 2014, 738 p. (in Russian).
- Analiz sanitarno-gigienicheskogo sostoyaniya ob"ektov gosudarstvennogo sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo nadzora (po dannym otchetov f.18,28,7) na zheleznodorozhnom transporte za 2009 god: Informatsionnyi byulleten' [Sanitary-hygienic analysis of state sanitary-epidemiologic surveillance objects (as per reports data) at railway transport over 2009: Information bulletin]. Moscow, 2010. Available at: https: //refdb.ru/look/1036869.html (28.08.2016) (in Russian).
- Borovkova A.M., Kladova T.V., Lazareva Yu.A. Otsenka professional'nogo riska dlya rabotnikov zheleznodorozhnogo transporta [Occupational health risk assessment for rail transport workers]. Sibbezopasnost'-Spassib, 2013, no. 1, pp 26–32 (in Russian).
- Istoriya stanovleniya i razvitiya mediko-sanitarnoi sluzhby na zheleznodorozhnom transporte Rossii [How medical-sanitary service at Russian railway transport was created and developed]. In: G.G. Onishchenko ed. Moscow, 2016, pp. 118–119 (in Russian).
- Ishchenko V.I. Uluchshenie uslovii i okhrany truda na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [Improving working conditions and labor protection at railway transport]. Put' i putevoe khozyaistvo, 2005, no. 5, pp. 31–34 (in Russian).
- Kaptsov V.A., Mezentsev A.P., Pankova V.B. Proizvodstvenno-professional'nyi risk zheleznodorozhnikov [Production-occupational risk for railway workers]. Moscow, 2002, 350 p. (in Russian).
- Kas'kov Yu. N. Aktual'nye voprosy obespechenie sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya na zhelezno¬dorozhnom transporte Rossii [Vital issues of providing sanitary-epidemiologic safety at railway transport in Russia]. Sbornik trudov 3-go s"ezda vrachei zheleznodorozhnogo transporta Rossii. Rostov-na-Donu, 2013, pp. 364–366 (in Russian).
- Kas'kov Yu.N., Podkorytov Yu.I. K sovremennomu sostoyaniyu zdorov'ya rabotnikov zheleznodorozhnogo transporta Rossii [Towards the current health status of railway transport workers in Russia]. Byulleten' natsional'nogo nauchno-issledovatel'skogo instituta obshchestvennogo zdorov'ya imeni A.N. Semashko, 2012, no. 4, pp. 61–64 (in Russian).
- Finochenko T.A., Mamchenko V.A., Kozina L.S., Lysenko A.V. Neblagopriyatnye usloviya truda kak faktor prezhdevremennogo stareniya rabotnikov lokomotivnykh brigad [Unfavorable working conditions as premature aging factors for locomotive teams workers]. Vestnik Rostovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta putei soobshcheniya, 2007, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 104–110.
- Nikolaevskii E.N., Kazhigalieva G.S. Professional'nye zabolevaniya u mashinistov lokomotivnykh brigad v sovremennykh usloviyakh [Occupational diseases in engine drivers under contemporary conditions]. Novaya nauka: problemy i perspektivy, 2016, vol. 79, no. 53, pp. 25–27 (in Russian).
- Ob utverzhdenii pravil «Kriterii otsenki professional'nykh riskov rabotnikov OAO «RZhD», neposredstvenno svyazannykh s dvizheniem poezdov: Rasporyazhenie OAO «RZhD» ot 21.12.2009 № 2631r [On approving rules «Occupational health risks assessment criteria for workers employed by Russian Railways PLC directly related to train operation: Instruction by Russian Railways PLC dated December 21, 2009 No. 2631р]. Available at: http: //www.businesspravo.ru/Docum/DocumShow_DocumID_167300.html (23.09.2016) (in Russian).
- Pankova V.B. Sovremennye problemy professional'noi patologii na zheleznodorozhnom transporte [Contemporary occupational pathology issues at railway transport]. Collected articles issued by the 90th anniversary of Russian scientific Research Institute of Railway transport (1925–2015.)]. Moscow, 2015, pp. 201–206 (in Russian).
- R 2.2.1766–03. Rukovodstvo po otsenke professional'nogo riska dlya zdorov'ya rabotnikov. Organizatsionno-metodicheskie osnovy, printsipy i kriterii otsenki: Rukovodstvo [R 2.2.1766–03. Guidelines on assessing occupational health risks for workers. Organizational and methodical grounds, principles and assessment criteria: Guidelines]. Moscow, Federal'nyi tsentr gossanepidnadzora Minzdrava Rossii Publ., 2004, 24 p. (in Russian).
- R 2.2.2006-05. Gigiena truda. Rukovodstvo po gigienicheskoi otsenke faktorov rabochei sredy i trudovogo protsessa. Kriterii i klassifikatsiya uslovii truda: Rukovodstvo [Labor hygiene. Guidelines on hygienic assessment of working environment and labor process factors. Criteria and working conditions classification: Guidelines]. Available at: http://docs.cntd.ru/document/1200040973 (06.09.2016) (in Russian).
- Belyaeva I.V., Dolgusheva O.V., Nifantov V.A., Naumkin A.V. Sostoyanie zdorov'ya rabotnikov zheleznodorozhnogo transporta [Health of railway transport workers]. Sovremennye aspekty promyshlennogo zdravookhraneniya: materialy nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Contemporary aspects of industrial health care: materials of theoretical and practical conference]. Perm, 2005, pp. 20–23 (in Russian).
- Eglite M. Darba medicina. Riga, 2000, 704 p.
- Landon P., Breysse P., Chen Y. Noise exposures of rail workers at a North American chemical facility. Am. J. Ind. Med, 2005, vol. 47, pp. 364–369.