Scientific-methodological approaches to designing risk-oriented model of control and surveillance activities in the sphere of consumer rights protection
N.V. Zaitseva1,2, I.V. May1, D.A. Kiryanov1
1 Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
2 Perm State Medical University named after Academician E.A. Wagner, 26 Petropavlovskaya Str., Perm, 614000, Russian Federation
We present scientific-methodological approaches to defining risk categories of economic entities which are subject to surveillance in the sphere of consumer rights protection. Risk is suggested to be assessed as a product of violations frequency comprising violations of separate provisions of the law on consumer rights protection detected in the course of scheduled and unscheduled inspections; a number of claims per one detected violation which were satisfied by courts in favor of consumers; each separate case of harm accepted by court in money terms (as a sum of physical and moral damage to health and damage to property); and coefficient of a potential impact scope which differentiates risks for economic entities belonging to micro-, small, medium-sized and large business. Our information sources are official statistic data obtained due to realization of state control in the sphere of consumer rights protection and court practice collected in all the RF regions over 2012–2016. It is shown that a share of economic entities with extremely high risk potential which can cause total material damage to consumers in sums greater than 10 million rubles per year amounts to about 0.15 % of the total number of economic entities (both juridical persons and private entrepreneurs); economic entities with high risk potential account for about 2 %. Such groups are made of companies involved in financial markets, share construction services, insurance and tourism. About 23 % of juridical persons and private entrepreneurs can be classified as having low risk potential and they can be excluded from scheduled inspections. Economic entities structure in general corresponds to world practices. It is shown that risk-oriented surveillance model development requires improvements in keeping registers of juridical persons and private entrepreneurs as such registers should contain comprehensive information; it is necessary for correct risk category (or hazard category) determination. It is also vital to work out a regulation on registering cases of moral and property damage to citizens caused by violations of obligatory requirements in the sphere of consumer rights protection. Other ways of protecting consumer rights are becoming especially important; here we first of all mean preventive and procedural ones. Such ways are to be developed and implemented especially widely for spheres of activities which are "risky".
- Adamskaya L.V., Zhelenkova E.E., Ivleva E.I. Vnedrenie kompleksa mer pri provedenii risk-orientirovannogo kontrolya i nadzora [Implementing a set of activities when realizing risk-oriented control and surveillance]. Rossiiskaya nauka i obrazovanie segodnya: problemy i perspektivy, 2016, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 26–28 (in Russian).
- Babina Yu.V. Izmeneniya v zakonodatel'stve o gosudarstvennom ekologicheskom nadzore [Changes in legislation on state ecological surveillance]. Ekologiya proizvodstva, 2015, no. 9, pp. 24–31 (in Russian).
- Berseneva E.A., Cherkasov S.N., Meshkov D.O. Metodicheskie podkhody k klassifikatsii ob"ektov nadzora po velichine riska [Conceptual approaches to creation risk-focused model of supervision objects classification]. Byulleten' Natsional'nogo nauchno-issledovatel'skogo instituta obshchestvennogo zdorov'ya imeni N.A. Semashko, 2016, no. 3, pp. 14–24 (in Russian).
- Zashchita prav potrebitelei v Rossiiskoi Federatsii v 2016 godu: Gosudarstvennyi doklad [Consumer rights protection in the Russian Federation in 2016: State report]. Moscow, Federal'naya sluzhba po nadzoru v sfere zashchity prav potrebitelei i blagopoluchiya cheloveka Publ., 2017, 283 p. (in Russian).
- Kolokolov A.V. Aktual'nost' vnedreniya risk-orientirovannogo podkhoda pri provedenii kontrol'no-nadzornykh meropriyatii v sfere zdravookhraneniya [Actuality of implementing risk-oriented approach in the course of carrying out control and surveillance measures in the healthcare industry]. Meditsinskii al'manakh, 2016, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 10–13 (in Russian).
- Kontrol'no-nadzornaya i razreshitel'naya deyatel'nost' v Rossiiskoi Federatsii: Analiticheskii doklad – 2016 [Control-surveillance and licensing activity in the Russian Federation: Analytical report – 2016]. Available at: https: //publications.hse.ru/books/204071253 (02.04.2017) (in Russian).
- Krivoshapova S.V. Nekotorye aspekty metodologii perekhoda k soderzhatel'nomu (risk-orientirovannomu) nadzoru [Some aspects of the methodology of passage to the meaningful (riskoriented) supervision]. Territoriya novykh vozmozhnostei. Vestnik Vladivostokskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta ekonomiki i servisa, 2009, no. 2, pp. 22 (in Russian).
- Manuilenko V.V. Realizatsiya risk-orientirovannoi kontseptsii otsenki effektivnosti ekonomicheskogo kapitala v integrirovannoi sisteme upravleniya bankovskimi riskami [Implementation of risk oriented concept in assessing economic capital efficiency in an integrated system of bank risks management]. Finansy i kredit, 2013, vol. 562, no. 34, pp. 2–8 (in Russian).
- Petukhova K.A. Praktika vnedreniya instrumentov upravleniya riskami v gosudarstvennom upravlenii zarubezhnykh stran: osnovnye standarty i lokal'nye dokumenty [Implementation practices for risk management techniques in public management of foreign countries: basic standards and local documents]. Problemy analiza riska, 2014, vol. 11, no 6, pp. 6–21 (in Russian).
- Popova A.Yu., Bragina I.V., Simkalova L.M., Mitrokhin O.V., Khmura M.V., Zaitseva N.V., May I.V., Shur P.Z., Kiryanov D.A., Chigvintsev V.M., Kamaltdinov M.R., Sedusova E.V., Parfenov A.V., Romanenko K.V., Kuz'min S.V., Dikonskaya O.V., Gurvich V.B., Sboev A.S., Khoroshavin V.A., AkimovaL.N. Risk-orientirovannaya model' kontrol'no-nadzornoi deyatel'nosti v sfere obespecheniya sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya. Klassifikatsiya vidov deyatel'nosti i khozyaistvuyushchikh sub"ektov po potentsial'nomu risku prichineniya vreda zdorov'yu cheloveka dlya organizatsii planovykh kontrol'no-nadzornykh meropriyatii: Metodicheskie rekomendatsii [Risk-oriented model of control and surveillance activity in the sphere of providing sanitary-epidemiologic well-being. Classification of activities and economic entities as per potential risks of human health damage for organizing scheduled control and surveillance inspections: Methodical guidelines]. Moscow, Feder-al'naya sluzhba po nadzoru v sfere zashchity prav potrebitelei i blagopoluchiya cheloveka Publ., 2014, 69 p. (in Russian).
- Semenov S.V., Chaplinskii A.V. O sovershenstvovanii pravovogo regulirovaniya sistemy gosudarstven-nogo i munitsipal'nogo kontrolya v Rossii [On the improvement of the legal regulation of the system of state and municipal control in Russia].Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravleniya, 2014, no. 4, pp. 118–135 (in Russian).
- Sokolov D.V. Klassifikatsiya riskov, kak mnogozadachnyi instrument risk-menedzhmenta organizatsii [Risk classification as a multi-task tool of organizational risk-management]. Upravlenie ekonomicheskimi siste-mami: elektronnyi nauchnyi zhurnal, 2011, no. 30, pp. 11. Available at: http: //uecs.ru/uecs30-302011/item/489 (30.04.2017) (in Russian).
- Chaplinskii A.V., Plaksin S.M. Upravlenie riskami pri osushchestvlenii gosudarstvennogo kontrolya v Rossii [Risk Management in the State Control in Russia]. Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravleniya, 2016, no. 2, pp. 7–29 (in Russian).
- Bender W.J., Ayyub B.M. Risk-based cost control for construction. AACE International Transactions, 2000, pp. 11–14.
- Cameron J.W. Managing Risk Across The Public Sector: Good Practice Guide. Auditor General Victoria, 2004, pp. 1–8 р.
- Hampton P. Reducing administrative burdens: effective inspection and enforcement. London, 2005, 147 p. Available at: news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/bud05hampton_150305_640.pdf (12.10.2014).
- Leeves G.D., Herbert R.D. Economic and environmental impacts of pollution control in a systemof environment and economic interdependence. Chaos, Solitons& Fractals, 2002, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 693–700.
- Linkage methods for environment and health analysis: general guidelines, a report of the Health and Environment Analysis for Decision-Making (HEADLAMP) project / United Nations Environment Programme, United States Environmental Protection Agency. Geneva, World Health Organization, 1996, 136 p. Available at: http: //ap¬ps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/60978 (01.02.2017).
- Powell C., Laxton's Guide to Risk Analysis and Management, Laxton's Publishers, Jordan Hill, Oxford, 1996, 116 p.
- Ni M., McCalley J.D., Villal V., Tayyib T., Online Risk-Based Security Assessment. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 2003, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 258–265.