Personnel policy in healthcare: risks and solutions
Perm State Medical University named after E.A. Wagner, 26 Petropavlovskaya Str., Perm, 614000, Russian Federation
We studied the dynamics of Perm region population provision with medical personnel over 2006-2015 basing on the official statistics data; the parameter was compared with the average level in the Russian Federation. We detected that provision of Perm region population with physicians and paramedics was higher than average Russian level in the stated period; however, a negative dynamics in parameters occurred and there is still personnel deficiency. A doctors-paramedics ratio improved a bit but it was still lower than in the RF on average and lower than the recommended level.
Staffing of physicians' jobs with people decreased a bit in the examined period while staffing of paramedics' jobs, on the contrary, grew up. Also there was a decrease in a number of physicians and paramedics' who combined jobs. Specific weight of certified medical staff was higher in Perm region than in the country on average. Changes which occurred in medical staff distribution as per categories prove that the share of senior age groups increased both among physicians and paramedics. There is a disproportion in provision with physicians and paramedics in terms of various territories in Perm region, and it requires systemic targeted activities of all concerned structures. A system of admission to medical HEEs and colleges needs to be reformed so that applicants could avoid making a mistake in their career choice; it is also necessary to work out a set of measures aimed at raising prestige of a physician' and paramedic's job as well as pay greater attention to social security of medical staff.
- Boyarskii S.G. Kontseptsiya razvitiya rossiiskogo zdravookhraneniya: problemy obespecheniya kadrami v sfere organizatsii zdravookhraneniya i obshchestvennogo zdorov'ya [Concept of the Health Care Development in Russia: Problems of Staffing in Health Care Management and Public Health]. Meditsinskie tekhnologii. Otsenka i vybor, 2010, no. 2, pp. 54–58 (in Russian).
- Kostin A.A., Ponomarenko B.T., Samsonov Yu.V. Gosudarstvennaya kadrovaya politika v sfere zdra-vookhraneniya. Nauchnoe izdanie [State personnel policy in healthcare. Scientific edition]. Moscow, Mezhduna-rodnyi izdatel'skii tsentr «Etnosotsium» Publ., 2015, 96 p. (in Russian).
- D'yachenko V.G., D'yachenko S.V., Prigornev V.B. Kadry zdravookhraneniya. Krivoe zerkalo statistiki [Health workforce. Distorting mirror of statistics]. Vestnik obshchestvennogo zdorov'ya i zdravookhraneniya Dal'nego Vostoka Rossii, 2013, vol. 13, no. 4, pp. 3 (in Russian).
- Zimina E.V. Sistemnost' podgotovki upravlencheskikh kadrov zdravookhraneniya kak faktor obespeche-niya kachestva meditsinskoi pomoshchi [System approach in healthcare management training as a factor providing medical aid quality]. Vestnik Roszdravnadzora, 2010, no. 1, pp. 52–57 (in Russian).
- Kleimenova L.V. Osnovnye kadrovye problemy v sfere zdravookhraneniya goroda Bratska [Main personnel problems in public health service in the city of Bratsk]. Problemy sotsial'no-ekonomicheskogo razvitiya Sibiri, 2014, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 42–44 (in Russian).
- Komarov Yu. O podgotovke vrachebnykh kadrov v Rossiiskoi Federatsii [On Training of Medical Staff in Russian Federation]. Meditsina, 2013, no.3, pp. 1–11(in Russian).
- Otstavnykh D.V. Problemy kadrovogo obespecheniya otrasli zdravookhraneniya v sovremennykh usloviyakh [Contemporary issues of staff provision in healthcare]. Vestnik obshchestvennogo zdorov'ya i zdravookhraneniya Dal'nego Vostoka Rossii, 2012, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 5 (in Russian).
- Savinkina L.A., Shepelova T.S. Problemy defitsita meditsinskikh kadrov i puti ikh resheniya [Scarcity of health workers and its solutions]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2014, no. 6, pp. 569 (in Russian).
- Starodubov V.I., Mikhailova Yu.V., Leonov S.A. Kadrovye resursy zdravookhraneniya Rossiiskoi Fede-ratsii: sostoyanie, problemy i osnovnye tendentsii razvitiya [Human resources for health in the Russian Federation: a condition, problems and basic tendencies of developmen]. Sotsial'nye aspekty zdorov'ya naseleniya, 2010, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 2 (in Russian).
- Taova S.M. Napravleniya razvitiya kadrovoi politiki v rossiiskom zdravookhranenii [Development trends in personnel policy in Russian healthcare]. Zhurnal nauchnykh publikatsii aspirantov i doktorantov, 2013, vol. 87, no. 9, pp. 6–9 (in Russian).
- Titova E.Ya., Konovalova N.V. O nekotorykh aspektakh upravleniya zdorov'em personala [On some aspects of managing personnel health]. Problemy ekonomiki, organizatsii i upravleniya v Rossii i mire: materialy VI Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Issues of economy, organization and management in Russia and worldwide: materials of VI International theoretical and practical conference]. Praga, WORDLPRESSsr.o. Publ., 2014, pp. 224–225 (in Russian).
- Titova E.Ya., Sycheva A.E. O nekotorykh aspektakh kadrovoi politiki [On some aspects of personnel policy]. Problemy ekonomiki, organizatsii i upravleniya v Rossii i mire: materialy IX Mezhdunarodnoi nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii [Issues of economy, organization and management in Russia and worldwide: materials of VI International theoretical and practical conference]. Praga, WORDLPRESSsr.o. Publ., 2015, pp. 284–286
- Sheiman I.M., Shevskii V.I. Kadrovaya politika v zdravookhranenii: sravnitel'nyi analiz rossiiskoi i mezhdunarodnoi praktiki [Health labor policy: comparative analysis of Russian and international developments]. Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravleniya, 2015, no. 1, pp. 143–167 (in Russian).
- Shchepin V.O. Obespechennost' naseleniya Rossiiskoi Federatsii osnovnym kadrovym resursom gosu-darstvennoi sistemy zdravookhraneniya [The provision of population of the russian federation with basic personnel resource of public health care system]. Problemy sotsial'noi gigieny, zdravookhraneniya i istorii meditsiny, 2013, no. 6, pp. 24–28 (in Russian).
- Shchepin O.P., Korotkikh R.V. Perspektivy razvitiya zdravookhraneniya Rossiiskoi Federatsii [The pers-pectives of development of health care of the Russian Federation]. Problemy sotsial'noi gigieny, zdravookhra-neniya i istorii meditsiny, 2015, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 3–6 (in Russian).