Sanitary-epidemiological audit in russia and abroad: challenges and growth prospects (analytical review)
I.V. May1, E.V. Sedusova1, T.M. Lebedeva2
1 Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies, 82 Monastyrskaya Str., Perm, 614045, Russian Federation
2 Perm State Medical University named after E.A. Wagner, 26 Petropavlovskaya Str., Perm, 614990, Russian Federation
The shaping the system of control and surveillance activities in the Russian Federation, which affects the bodies of the sanitary-epidemiological surveillance, requires the development of new forms of cooperation between authorities and legal entities, individual entrepreneurs and population. Such a form may be represented by the sanitary and epidemiological audit as an independent objective assessment of reputable third parties. The audit is intended to check the compliance with the mandatory requirements of the economic entities, performing economic or other activities. The sanitary-epidemiological audit may be associated with a system of certification for compliance with sanitary requirements and may assume the documented confirmation of the compliance issued by the authorized persons.
The sanitary-epidemiological audit and the compliance certification to mandatory sanitary requirements can make an alternative to the planned supervision activities on facilities attributed to the category of low and moderate risk of harm to human health. The Russian sanitary legislation does not recognize the sanitary-epidemiological audit as a form of conformity assessment. The analysis of the international experience shows that it is necessary to consolidate the general rules and regulations of the sanitary-epidemiological audit at the legislative level and to develop a set of sublegislative documents in order to implement these norms. The crucial is a creation of the national system capable to regulate the registration and functioning of the organization having a right to conduct the audit activities in the field of hygienic safety. It is reasonable to develop the regulation on the list-register of auditors and to create a special training system for the auditors, who possess the methodology for health risk assessment. The key aspect of the successful introduction of the audit is a granting of presences to the economic entities having compliance certificates as a result of voluntary sanitary-epidemiological audit. The authorities for the accreditation and monitoring of the audit firms in the field of sanitary and epidemiological safety can be given to a federal executive body competent in this field.
- Adams R. Osnovy audita: per. s angl. [Basics of audit: translation from English]. In: Ya.V. Sokolova, ed. Moscow, Audit, YuNITI Publ., 2009, 398 p. (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., Popova A.Yu., Onishchenko G.G., May I.V. Aktual'nye problemy pravovoi i nauchno-metodicheskoi podderzhki obespecheniya sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya naseleniya Rossiiskoi federatsii kak strategicheskoi gosudarstvennoi zadachi [Current problems of regulatory and scientific-medical sup-port for the assurance of the sanitary and epidemiological welfare of population in the Russian Federation as the strategic government task]. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2016, vol. 95, no. 1, pp. 5–9 (in Russian).
- Audit: Opyt SShA [Audit: Experience of the United States of America]. Available at:http://win-dow.edu.ru/resource/853/69853/files/217.pdf (21.11.2016) (in Russian).
- Voronin B.A., Mitin A.N. Ekonomiko-pravovye problemy adaptatsii rossiiskogo APK v usloviyakh VTO [Economic and legal problems of adaptation of Russian agriculture in the WTO]. Agrarnoe i zemel'noe pravo, 2012, vol. 93, no. 9, pp. 11–22 (in Russian).
- Ganova S.D., Pendin V.V. Ekologicheskii audit v sisteme ustoichivogo razvitiya gazopromyshlennogo kompleksa [Environmental audit in the system of sustainable development gasindustrial complex]. Inzhenernye izyskaniya, 2011, no. 6. pp. 24–28 (in Russian).
- Glushenkova E.A. Zakonodatel'noe regulirovanie auditorskoi deyatel'nosti v Rossii [Legislative regulation of auditor activity in Russia]. Aktual'nye voprosy ekonomicheskikh nauk, 2010, no. 11–2, pp. 224–227 (in Russian).
- Iutin I.G. Ekologicheskii audit: rol', sushchnost' i voprosy, trebuyushchie pravovogo regulirovaniya [Envi-ronmental audit: the role and nature of issues requiring legal regulation]. Zhurnal rossiiskogo prava, 2008, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 94a–101 (in Russian).
- Kucherov A.V., Kozicheva Ya.M. Osobennosti audita za rubezhom [The features of the audit abroad]. Molodoi uchenyi, 2013, no. 5, pp. 339–343 (in Russian).
- Leshchenko I.B. Sovremennye vidy audita v mezhdunarodnoi praktike [Modern types of audits in international practice]. Ekonomika, upravlenie, finansy: materialy mezhdunarodnoi zaochnoi nauchnoi konferentsii [Economics, management, finance: proceedings of the international distance scientific conference]. In: G.D. Akhmetovoi, ed. Perm', Merkurii, Publ., 2011, pp. 79–81 (in Russian).
- Popova A.Yu. Strategicheskie prioritety Rossiiskoi Federatsii v oblasti ekologii s pozitsii sokhraneniya zdorov'ya natsii [Strategic priorities of the Russian Federation in the field of ecology from the position of preserva-tion of health of the nation]. Zdorov'e naseleniya i sreda obitaniya, 2014, vol. 251, no. 2, pp. 4–7 (in Russian).
- Savel'ev S.I., Korotkov V.V., Polyakova M.F. Sanitarno-epidemiologicheskii audit, kak sovremennyi in-strument obespecheniya sanitarno-epidemiologicheskogo blagopoluchiya [Sanitary-epidemiological audit as a modern tool for ensuring sanitary and epidemiological welfare]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2014, no. 6. Available at: https://science-education.ru/en/article/view?id=17180 (28.11.2016) (in Russian).
- Safrygin Yu.V., Mineva O.K. Gosudarstvennyi audit kak sistema upravleniya sotsial'no-ekonomicheskoi sferoi [State audit as a control system of the socio-economic sphere]. Kaspiiskii region: politika, ekonomika, kul'tura, 2011, no. 2, pp. 156–159 (in Russian).
- Usmanova D.R., Kazamirov A.I. Risk-orientirovannyi podkhod v kontrol'no-nadzornoi deyatel'nosti or-ganov ispolnitel'noi vlasti [The risk-oriented approach in control and oversight activities]. Evraziiskii yuridicheskii zhurnal, 2016, vol. 97, no. 6, pp. 69–70 (in Russian).
- Fedortsova V.A. Audit kak instrument gosudarstvennogo upravleniya [Audit as an instrument of the state control]. Uchenye zapiski Petrozavodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, 2011, no. 3, pp. 111–113 (in Russian).
- Chaplinskii A.V., Plaksin S.M. Upravlenie riskami pri osushchestvlenii gosudarstvennogo kontrolya v Rossii [Risk Management in the State Control in Russia]. Voprosy gosudarstvennogo i munitsipal'nogo upravle-niya, 2016, no. 2, pp. 7–29 (in Russian).
- Agreement on Sanitary Measures to Protect Public and Animal Health in Trade in Live Animals and An-imal Products. 1998. Annex I. USA-European Community. Available at: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/pri/en/oj/dat/1998/l_118/l_11819980421en0003006... (22.10.2016)
- Chan D.K., Wong K.P. Scope of auditors' liability, audit quality, and capital investment. Review of Ac-counting Studies, 2002, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 97–122 (in Russian).
- Evaluating the food safety system governing meat products exported to the United States of America. Final report of an audit conducted in Japan, September 24 through October 9, 2015. Available at: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/connect/84d90db3-f3c3-4f30-8e79-930af8... (28.11.2016).
- Evaluating the food safety systems governing meat products exported to the United States of America. Final report of an audit conducted in Italy, May 16 to June 3, 2016. Available at: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/connect/d3590883-99f8-4e84-8e27-212514... (28.11.2016).
- Lupo L. Sanitation Management: Auditing for Prevention. Quality Assurance & Food Safety, 2012, no. 2. Available at: http://www.qualityassurancemag.com/article/qa0212-food-sanitation-preven... (10.12.2016).
- Swacina L. Equivalence – Ensuring the Flow of Safe Meat, Poultry and Egg Products Across Country Bor¬ders. Presented at Mexico–U.S. Poultry Health and Trade Symposium. Mexico City, Mexico. Available at: https://www.fsis.usda.gov/shared/PDF/Slides_051204_Swacina.pdf?redirecth... (23.11.2016).
- Vasvada Purnendu C. Sanitation Audits: the proof in the Pudding. FoodSafety, December 2001/January 2002. Available at: Http://www.foodsafetymagazine.com/magazine-archive1/december-2001january-2002/s... (23.11.2016).
- Zacchea N.M. Risk-based audit target selection can increase the probability of conducting value-added audits. Journal of Government Financial Management, 2003, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 22.