Medical and sociological explication of the problem of infectious diseases prophylaxis among pregnant women
N.B. Merzlova1, I.A. Serova1, A.Yu. Yagodina2
1 Perm State Medical University named after E.A. Wagner, 26 Petropavlovskaya Str., Perm, 614990, Russian Federation
2 Perm City Outpatient Clinic, 45 Permskaya Str., 614000, Perm, Russian Federation
The research is focused on revealing the TORCH-infections prophylaxis problems during preconception period and culture of personal infection safety among pregnant women. The research involved 2060 women. Epidemiological monitoring was accompanied by a social survey of the Perinatal Center patients using the continuous sampling method. The problems of the population’s response adequacy regarding the dangers of TORCH-infection are presented on the basis of questionnaire survey of 55 pregnant women – patients of the Perinatal Center. Sociological explication of the problems of TORCH-infections prophylaxis revealed the positive and negative behavioral stereotypes of the Perm Region population from the point of view of assuring the personal infection safety. The positive stereotypes include cleanliness and vitamin prophylaxis practice. The regional hygienic culture can be developed by increased involvement in sport, immunological prophylaxis propaganda, safe sex, helminth prophylaxis in pets and regular tooth brushing. The survey has explicated the common negative behavour stereotypes leading to toxoplasmosis contamination during pregnancy. Only a half of the surveyed women avoid the intake of meat that did not undergo sufficient heat treatment, 72.7 % of respondents cannot be relieved from the duties of cleaning the cat’s toilet. The rating made on the basis of the survey concerning the popularity of measures assuring personal infection safety has shown a neglectful attitude of population towards the immunological prophylaxis and modern medical products affecting the immune system, that inevitably leads to problems with compliance of pregnant women to vaccination and immunological correction by immune modulators during treatment of the revealed infectious diseases. We found a mismatch between the behavioral stereotypes of the Perm Region population in ensuring personal infection safety and the academic principles of TORCH-infections prevention, that shows a persisting danger of vertical TORCH-infections transmission and requires efforts aimed at increasing the expertise of the population in TORCH-infections prophylaxis during preconception period.
- Barycheva L.Yu., Golubeva M.V., Kabulova M.A. Poroki razvitiya u detei s vrozhdennymi tsitomegalovirusnoi i toksoplazmennoi infektsiyami [Malformations in children with congenital cytomegalovirus infections and congenital toxoplasmosis]. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, 2014, no.1, pp. 150 (in Russian).
- Dolgikh T.I. Toksoplazmoz: sovremennaya strategiya laboratornoi diagnostiki [Toxoplasmosis: modern strategy of laboratory diagnostics]. Infektsiya i immunitet, 2011, vol.1, no.1, pp. 43–50 (in Russian).
- Merzlova N.B., Serova I.A., Yagodina A.Yu. Klassifikatsiya infektsionnykh i parazitarnykh boleznei po sotsiologicheskim kriteriyam [Classification of infectious and parasitic diseases in accordance with sociological criteria]. Meditsinskaya parazitologiya i parazitarnye bolezni, 2011, no. 2, pp.35–39 (in Russian).
- Merzlova N.B., Serova I.A., Yagodina A.Yu. Etologicheskaya kompetentnost' zhitelei Permskogo kraya v obespechenii personal'noi infektsionnoi bezopasnosti [Ethological expertise of the Perm Region population in assuring personal infection safety]. Meditsinskaya parazitologiya i parazitarnye bolezni, 2014, no. 2, pp. 22–25 (in Russian).
- Merzlova N.B., Serova I.A., Yagodina A.Yu. Aktual'nye printsipy diagnostiki, lecheniya i profilaktiki toksoplazmoza pri beremennosti [Up-to-date principles of diagnosis, treatment and prevention of toxoplasmosis during pregnancy]. Meditsinskaya parazitologiya i parazitarnye bolezni, 2015, no. 3, pp. 13–17 (in Russian).
- Navrotskii B.A., Delaryu V.V. Problemy bioetiki v sotsiologicheskikh issledovaniyakh gorodskoi tematiki [Problems of bioethics in sociology city themes]. Bioetika, 2014, no. 1, pp. 31–33 (in Russian).
- Prilepskaya V.N., Ledina A.V., Korotkova N.A. Tsitomegalovirusnaya infektsiya: vozmozhnosti terapii vo vremya beremennosti [Cytomegalovirus infections: therapeutic potential in pregnancy]. Ginekologiya, 2014, vol.16, no. 3, pp. 35–37 (in Russian).
- Surmach M.Yu. Reproduktivnoe povedenie molodezhi Belarusi i ego determinatsiya [Reproductive behavior of Belarusian youths and its determination Part 2. Planning of pregnancy in young age and influence of woman’s behavior on the newborn’s health. Medical-hygienic literacy as an anti-risk factor]. Zhurnal Grodnenskogo gosudarstvennogo meditsinskogo universiteta, 2011, vol. 36, no. 4, pp. 32–35 (in Russian).
- Li X.L., Wei H.X., Zhang H., Peng H.J., Lindsay D.S. A Meta Analysis on Risks of Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes in Toxoplasma gondii Infection. PLoS ONE, 2014, vol. 9, no. 5, pp. e97775. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0097775
- Wallon M.L., Peyron F., Cornu C., Vinault S., Abrahamowicz M., Kopp C.B., Binquet C. Congenital toxoplasma infection: monthly prenatal screening decreases transmission rate and improves clinical outcome at age 3 years. Clin Infect Dis, 2013 May, vol. 56, no. 9, pp.1223–1231.
- Baquero-Artigao F., del Castillo Martín F., Fuentes Corripio I., Goncé Mellgren A., Fortuny Guasch C., de la Calle Fernández-Miranda M., González-Tomé M.I., Couceiro Gianzo J.A., Neth O., Ramos Amador J.T. Grupo de Trabajo de Infección Congénita y Perinatal de la Sociedad Española de Infectología Pediátrica (SEIP). The Spanish Society of Pediatric Infectious Diseases Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of congenital toxoplasmosis. An Pediatr (Barc), 2013 Aug, vol.79, no. 2, pp. 116.
- Garcia-Méric P., Franck J., Dumon H., Piarroux R. Management of congenital toxoplasmosis in France: current data. Presse Med, 2010, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 530–538.