Adaptation of the migrant worker’s body to the occupational risk factors from the position of functional system of P.K. Anokhin
М. Khodzhiev, L.V. Prokopenko, N.P. Golovkova, G.I.Tikhonova, M.A. Fesenko
Research Institute of Occupational Health, 31 Budennov Prospekt, Moscow, 105275, Russian Federation
The adverse factors of labor process of migrants were studied as the factors of risk of formation of unsatisfactory adaptation and damage to health. The results of the study of adaptation of migrants to the labor process from the standpoint of the theory of functional systems were presented. The first subsystem of physical activities and neuro-emotional tension of labor determines the formation of certain stages of the adaptation process in terms of heart rate variability (the second sub-system). The result of migrant workers’ sympathetic chain of regulation’s activity level shows that the adaptive stress syndrome on the physiological indicators is expressed in a change of heart rate variability: different levels of stress index of SI associated with high physical (muscle), neuro-emotional stresses; marked increase in the power of spectrum of very low-frequency component (VLF), while the increase in heart rate. The features of the functional state of the body and the degree of adaptation in terms of activity of regulatory systems – PARS (optimal 1.19 ± 0.28; allowable stress 40.5 ± 0.62; overvoltage 6.21 ± 0.82 points) were determined. On the basis of the production studies of migrant workers, the approaches to quantitative evaluation to the degree of adaptation of workers to the labor process associated with the combined effects of physical, neural and emotional labor intensity on the human body were science-based and developed. The degree of stress adaptation process corresponds to the stage of self-control (optimum stress) activation (allowable stress), the mobilization of the 1st, 2nd, 3-th degree (degrees of over-stress of 1,2,3 degrees). Unfavorable stage of mobilization of 2–3 degrees of migrant workers was determined (an increase in the stress index S1, PARS indicator, the relative power of VLF range, a reduction in the SDNN). Events of medical and social support represent the third sub-system in the general system theory.
- Agadzhanyan N.A., Baevskiy P.M., Berseneva A.P. Uchenie o zdorov'e i problemy adaptacii [Health and adaptation problems’ doctrine]. Stavropol', Stavropol'skij gosudarstvennyj universitet Publ., 2000, 204 p. (in Russian).
- Anokhin P.K. Ocherki po fiziologii funkcional'nyh sistem [Essays on the physiology of functional sys-tems]. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1975, 447 p. (in Russian).
- Baevskiy P.M. Prognozirovanie sostojanij na grani normy i patologii [Prediction of states on the verge of norm and pathology]. Moscow, Medicina Publ., 1979, 295 p. (in Russian).
- Berseneva A.P. Principy i metody massovyh donozologicheskih obsledovanij s is-pol'zovaniem avtomati-zirovannyh sistem: avtoref. dis. doktora biol. nauk [ Principles and methods of mass pre-nosological surveys using automated systems: Cand. Dis. Dr. biol. sciences]. Kiev, 1991, 28 p. (in Russian).
- Budaev S.D. Mediko-social'nye aspekty ohrany zdorov'ja sel'skogo naselenija Respub-liki Burjatija: avto-referat diss. kand. med. nauk [Medical and social aspects of the health of the rural population of the Republic of Buryatia: abstract of diss. of cand. of med. sciences]. Moscow, 1996, 22 p. (in Russian).
- Baevskiy P.M., Ivanov G.G. [et al]. V pomoshh' prakticheskomu vrachu. Analiz variabel'-nosti serdechnogo ritma pri ispol'zovanii razlichnyh jelektrokardiograficheskih sis-tem: metodicheskie rekomendacii [To help the practitioner. The analysis of heart rate variability using different electrocardiographic systems: guidelines]. Vestnik aritmologii, 2001, no. 24, pp. 65–87 (in Russian).
- Vremennye metodicheskie rekomendacii po raschetu pokazatelej professional'nogo riska [Interim guidelines for the calculation of professional risk indicators]. In N.F. Izmerov, ed. Moscow, Research Institute of Occupational Health, 2005, 16 p. (in Russian).
- Matukhin V.V. Umstvennaja rabotosposobnost' s pozicii teorii o funkcional'-nyh sistemah (obzor litera-tury) [Concept of capacity for mental work treated by functional systems theory]. Medicina truda i promyshlennaja jekologija, 1993, no. 3–4, pp. 28–31 (in Russian).
- R 2.2.20006-05. Rukovodstvo po gigienicheskoj ocenki faktorov rabochey sredy i trudovogo processa. Kriterii i klassifikaciya usloviy truda [Guidance on the hygienic assessment of factors of working environment and labor process. The criteria and classification of working conditions]. Moscow, Federal'nyj centr gigieny i jepidemi-ologii Rospotrebnadzora, 2005, 142 p. (in Russian).
- Bukhtiyarov I.V., Matukhin V.V., Jushkova O.I. [et al]. Fiziologicheskie osobennosti for-mirovanija psihojemocional'nogo perenaprjazhenija u rabotnikov umstvennogo truda i ego profilaktika [The physiological features of overstrain formation in mental work and its prevention]. Rossijskij fiziologicheskij zhurnal im. I.M. Sechenova, 2014, vol. 100, no. 11, pp. 1324–1334 (in Russian).
- Akselrod S. Components of heart rate variability. Basic studies. In: Malik М., Inc., 1995, 147 p.
- Allen J. The influence of physical conditions in the genesis of species. Ann. Rept. of the Smithsonian In-stitution. Washington, 1906, pp. 375–402.
- Andersen K.L. Comparisons of Scandinavian Lapps, Arctic Fishermen, and Canadian Arctic Indians. Fed. Proc, 1963, vol. 22, pp. 834–839.
- Canter D., Nanke L. Can health be a quantative criterion. A multifaceted approach to health assessment. Science of Health. Plenium Press, 1992, pp. 83–98.
- Akselrod S., Gordon D., Madwed J.B. [et al]. Hemodynamic regulation: investigation by spectral analy-sis. Am. J. Physiol, 1985, vol. 249, pp. 867–875.
- Akselrod S., Gordon D., Ubel F.A. [et al]. Power spectrum analysis of heart rate fluctuation: a quantita-tive probe of beat-to-beat cardiovascular control. Science, 1981, vol. 213, pp. 220–222.