Modeling of health risk factors affecting the sportsmen and young males who are not involved in sports activities
T.M. Lyuboshenko, I.P. Flyanku
FSEI HE «Siberian state University of physical culture and sports», 144 Maslennikov St., Omsk, 644009, Russian Federation
The purpose of this study was to develop and implement the risk assessment method for detection of health deterioration in sports high school students. To evaluate the health status of the students, the questionnaires and the method for express physical health evaluation by G.L. Apanasenko was used. Sampling size comprised 250 young males students from 2–3 courses of various faculties. To identify the correlation between the physical health level and the indicators of psychosomatic syndromes, the correlation analysis has been used. It was established, that the safety level of the somatic health belonged to more than a halve of the students engaged in sport and to a third part of the students, that are not engaged in sport. The critical level of the physical status was registered with equal frequency in both groups. The low physical health level was detected 3.7 times frequently in the students who were not engaged in sports activities in comparison to the sportsmen. Basing on the data, obtained by the "decision tree" method, the models of health deteriorations’ risk in young males, engaged and not engaged in sport, have been built. The application of these models allow performing preclinical diagnosis and health monitoring without special equipment. The advantage of the offered method is its speed and the possibility to survey large numbers of contingents of various ages.
- Apanasenko G.L., Popova L.A. Medicinskaya valeologiya [Medical valueology]. Rostov n/D: Feniks; Kiev: Zdorov'e, 2000, 248 p. (in Russian).
- Goncharova A.G., Krylov D.N., Berezhkov L.F. Metodicheskie rekomendacii po kolichestvennoj ocenke urovnya zdorov'ya shkol'nikov (ehkspress diagnostika) [Guidelines for quantitative evaluation of school children health status (express evaluation)]. Moscow, 1997, 21 p. (in Russian).
- Goryainova N.S. Strategii povysheniya zdorov'ya studencheskoj molodezhi v sovremennoj Rossii [Strate-gies for improving the health of students in modern Russia]. Vestnik Rostovskogo gosudarstvennogo ehkonomi-cheskogo universiteta (RINH), 2015, no. 1 (49), pp. 62–68. (in Russian).
- Lopatin S.A., Bajchenko L.A., Terent'ev V.I., Belokurova E.S., Borisova L.M., Lopatina V.F. Zdorov'es-beregayushchie tekhnologii – ehffektivnye mery po sohraneniyu i ukrepleniyu zdorov'ya studentov vuzov [Health saving technologies – an effectivemeasures to preserve and improve the health of university students]. Nauchnyj zhurnal NIU ITMO. Seriya: Ehkonomika i ehkologicheskij menedzhment, 2014, no. 2, pp. 51–60.
- Ivanov V.D., Kokoreva E.G., Matina Z.I., Hudyakov G.G. Zdorov'esberegayushchie tekhnologii na zanyatiyah po fizicheskomu vospitaniyu v vuze [Health preserving technologies on occupations of physical training in university]. Paradigmatapoznání, 2014, no. 2, pp. 122–130. (in Russian).
- Ivahnenko G.A. Zdorov'esberegajushhie tehnologii v rossijskih vuzah [The Health-Preserving Tech-nologiesin the System of University Education of Russia]. Vestnik instituta sociologii, 2013, no. 6, pp. 99–111. (in Russian).
- Agadzhanyan N.A., Minnibaev T.Sh., Severin A.E., Ermakova N.V., Kuznecova L.Yu., Silaev A.A. Izu-chenie obraza zhizni, sostoyaniya zdorov'ya i uspevaemosti studentov pri intensifikacii obrazovatel'nogo processa [Examination of life quality, health status, and study perfomance in students undergoing an intensified educational process]. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2005, no. 3, pp. 48–52. (in Russian).
- Izmerov N.F., Denisov Eh.I., Prokopenko L.V., Sivochalova O.V., Stepanyan I.V., Chelishcheva M.Yu., Chesalin P.V. Metodologiya vyyavleniya i profilaktiki zabolevanij, svyazannyh s rabotoj [Methodology to reveal and prevent diseases associated to work]. Medicina truda i promyshlennaya ehkologiya, 2010, no. 9, pp. 1–7. (in Russian).
- Onishchenko G.G. Ocenka i upravlenie riskami dlya zdorov'ya kak ehffektivnyj instrument resheniya za-dach obespecheniya sanitarno-ehpidemicheskogo blagopoluchiya naseleniya Rossijskoj Federacii [Health risk assessment and management as an effective tool to solve issues to ensure the health and epidemiological well-being of the Russian Federation population]. Analiz riska zdorov'yu, 2013, no. 1, pp. 4–14.
- Paklin N.B., Oreshnikov V.I. Biznes-analitika: ot dannyh k znaniyam [Business-analytics: from data to knowledge]. St. Petersburg: Piter, 2009, 624 p.
- Avaliani S.L., Novikov S.M., Shashina T.A., Dodina N.S., Kislicin V.A., Mishina A.L. Problemy sover-shenstvovaniya sistemy upravleniya kachestvom okruzhayushchej sredy na osnove analiza riska zdorov'yu naseleniya [The urgent problems of the improvement of the environment management system based on the analysis of health risk assessment]. Gigiena i sanitariya, 2014, no. 6, pp. 5–9.
- Fedorova A.A., Slepova L.N., Hairova T.N., Dizhonova L.B., Lipovcev S.P. Umstvennaya rabotospo-sobnost' cheloveka vo vremya zanyatiya sportom [Mental performance during sports activities]. Mezhdunarodnyj studencheskij nauchnyj vestnik, 2015, no. 5–3, pp. 466–467.
- Denering L.L., Spear S.E. Routine Use of Screening and Brief Intervention for College Students in a University Counseling Center. J Psychoactive Drugs, 2012, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 318–324.
- Tucker Ph., Jeon-Slaughterb H., Senerc U., Arvidson M., Khalafian A. Do medical student stress, health, or quality of life foretell step 1 scores? A comparison of students in traditional and revised preclinical curricula. Teach Learn Med, 2015, no. 13, pp. 63–70.
- De Ridder K. А., Pape K., Cuypers K., Johnsen R., Lingaas Holmen T., Westin S., Bjørngaard J.H. High school dropout and long-term sickness and disability in young adulthood: a prospective propensity score stratified cohort study (the Young-HUNT study). BMC Public Health, 2013, vol. 9, no. 13, pp. 941.
- Turunen M., Toyinbo O., Turunen M., Putus T., Nevalainen A., Shaughnessy R., Haverinen-Shaughnessy U. Indoor environmental quality in school buildings, and the health and wellbeing of students. Inter-national Journal of Hygiene and Environmental Health, 2014, vol. 217, no. 7, pp. 733–739.
- Lenfle G.R., Jansen W.Р. The physical process of digestion. Institute of Food Nutrition and Human Health at Massey University, 2011, 279 p.
- Hussain R., Guppy M., Robertson S., Temple E. Physical and mental health perspectives of first year undergraduate rural university students. Published online, 2013, no. 13, pp. 848. DOI:10.1186/1471-2458-13-848.
- Platt L.M. Identifying students at risk for mental health problems. NASN Sch Nurse, 2014, no. 29, pp. 299–302.
- Delfino J.P., Barragán E., Botella C., Braun S., Bridler R., Camussi E., Chafrat V., Lott P., Mohr C., Mo-ragrega I., Papagno C., Sanchez S., Seifritz E., Soler C., Stassen H.H. Quantifying insufficient coping behavior under chronic stress: a cross-cultural study of 1,303 students from Italy, Spain and Argentina. Psychopathology, 2015, no. 48, pp. 230–239.
- Karlsson E., Stickley A., Lindblad F., Schwab-Stone M., Ruchkin V. Risk and protective factors for peer victimization: a 1-year follow-up study of urban American students. Eur. Child. Adolesc Psychiatry, 2014, vol. 23, no. 9, pp. 773–781.