Studies and comparative evaluation of the functional and material cumulation of nano and microdisperse nickel oxide consumed by the peroral route
M.A. Zemlyanova 1 , T.I. Akafeva 1 , A.A. Dovbysh 1 , S.A. Smirnov 2
1 FBSI “Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies”, Russian Federation, Perm, 82 Monastyrskaya St., 614045
2 FSBEI HPE «Perm National Research Polytechnic University», Russian Federation, Perm, 29, Komsomolsky Prospect St., 614990
The results of the research and comparative assessment of the cumulative properties of nanodisperse and microdisperse nickel oxide in the experiment are presented. It is found that after the intragastric gavage of the nanodisperse nickel oxide for 16 days (total dose administered was 16250 mg / kg) it possesses a functional accumulation, as it is evidenced by the morphological changes in the tissues of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, spleen, and material accumulation indicator which is an increase of its concentration in the brain, liver and kidneys relative to controls (4.7, 8.1 and 23.6 times, respectively). Microdisperse analague also has a functional and material accumulation, but the degree of manifestation is different from the accumulation of nanodisperse nickel oxide. The accumulation of the substance occurs only in brain and liver, and in lower concentrations as compared to the nanodisperse nickel oxide (1.7 and 3.6 times). The morphological changes of tissues of the gastrointestinal tract and the spleen are less pronounced, any change in liver tissue is not established.
- Aleshina I.V., Aleshin Je.B. Globalizacija rynkov, nanoindustrija i strategija internet-prodvizhenija nano-produktov RF [Globalization of markets, nanotech industry and Internet promotion strategy of nanoproducts in Russian Federation]. Marketing v Rossii i za rubezhom, 2010, no. 3, pp. 104–116. (in Russian).
- Gigiena, toksikologija, sanitarija. Porjadok ocenki toksicheskogo dejstvija nanomaterialov na la-boratornyh zhivotnyh MU 1.2.2869-11 [Hygiene, toxicology, sanitation. The procedure of evaluation of the nanomaterials’ toxic effect to the laboratory animals RP 1.2.2869-11]. Federal'naja sluzhba po nadzoru v sfere zashhity prav potrebitelej i blagopoluchija cheloveka, 2011, 25 p. (in Russian).
- Zaitseva N.V., Zemlyanova M.A., Zvezdin V.N., Saenko E. V. Toksikologo-gigienicheskaja ocenka bezo-pasnosti vodnoj suspenzii nanodispersnogo dioksida kremnija, sintezirovannogo metodom zhidkokristallicheskogo templatirovanija [Toxicological-hygienic assessment of aqueous suspension’s security of the nanodisperse silica dioxide, synthesized by a liquid crystal self-assembly]. Analiz riska zdorov'ju, 2013, no. 1, pp. 65–72. (in Russian).
- Fletcher R., Fletcher S., Vagner Je. Klinicheskaja jepidemiologija. Osnovy dokazatel'noj mediciny [Clinical epidemiology. Basics of evidence based medicine]. Moscow: Media Sfera, 1998, 352 p. (in Russian).
- Lim R.K. [et al.]. A method for the evaluation of cumulation and tolerance by the determination of acute and subchronic median effective doses. Arch. Int. Pharmacodyn. Ther, 1961, no. 130, pp. 336–353.
- Nickel (II) oxide powder, 99.8 % trace metals: material safety data sheet (MSDS). Sigma-Aldrich, 2014, 7 p.
- Nickel (II) oxide nanopowder, <50 nm particle size (TEM), 99.8 % trace metals: material safety data sheet (MSDS). Sigma-Aldrich, 2014, 8 p.
- The Global Market for Metal and Metal Oxide Nanoparticles to 2025. Market Reports Online, 2015. Avail-able at: http: //www.marketreportsonline.com/401808-toc.html (09.10.2015).