Assessment of functional state and adaptation reserves of machine operators in agriculture with different work experience in the profession
S.S. Raikin, T.A. Novikova
FBSI “Saratov Scientific Research Institute of Agricultural Hygiene” of the Federal Service for Consumer Rights Protection and Human Well-Being Surveillance, Russian Federation, Saratov, 1A Zarechnaya St., 410022
The results of hemodynamic parameters’ evaluation (blood pressure, heart rate, minute volume of blood, total peripheral vascular resistance) and adaptation (adaptive capacity of the circulatory system, the index of physical condition, body mass index) to job strains in machine operators of agriculture with a different experience in the profession are presented. It was found that 27 % of the patients – machine operators were in a state of unsatisfactory adaptation and 18.8 % in the state of failure of adaptation options when functional body reserves were sharply reduced, indicating that the work in hazardous conditions resulted in a significant deterioration of the functional state of exhaustion and adaptation reserves. It was found that the professional experience of 10 years or more is a risk factor for the health of machine workers in agriculture, causing the violation of functional state and exhaustion of adaptive reserves of an organism, as evidenced by a statistically significant correlation between the indicators of functional status and work experience in the profession.
- Baevskiy R.M., Berseneva A.P. Ocenka adaptacionnyh vozmozhnostej organizma i risk razvitija zabole-vanij [Assessment of adaptation capabilities of organism and risk of diseases]. Moscow: Medicina, 1997. 320 р.
- Melentyev A.V. Podhody k profilaktike kardiovaskuljarnogo riska u rabochih promyshlennyh predprijatij [Approaches to prevention of cardiovascular risk in workers of industrial undertakings]. Zdorov'e naselenija i sreda obitanija, 2012, no. 9 (234), pp. 12–13.
- Pirogova E.A., Ivashhenko L.Ja., Strapko N.P. Vlijanie fizicheskih uprazhnenij na rabotosposobnost' i zdorov'e cheloveka [Effect of physical exercises on working capacity and human health]. Kiev: Zdorov'e, 1986, pp. 4–143.
- Novikova T.A., Spirin V.F., Mihaylova N.A., Taranova V.M. Professional'nyj risk dlja zdorov'ja rabotni-kov sel'skogo hozjajstva, gigienicheskie aspekty ego ocenki i upravlenija (obzor literatury) [Professional health risk of workers in agriculture, sanitary aspects of its assessment and management (review of literature) ]. Medicina tru-da i promyshlennaja jekologija, 2012, no. 5. pp. 22–28.
- Spirin V.F., Novikova T.A., Gershtejn E.G. Gigienicheskie problemy upravlenija professional'nymi riskami u rabotnikov sel'skogo hozjajstva [Hygienic problems of occupational risks management in agricultural workers]. Zdravoohranenie Rossijskoj Federacii, 2008, no. 1, pp. 19–20.
- Novikova T.A., Raykin S.S., Buyanov V.S., Spirin V.F., Rahimov R.B. Uslovija truda kak faktory professional'nogo riska funkcional'nyh narushenij u mehanizatorov sel'skogo hozjajstva [Working conditions as factors of occupational risk of functional disorders in agricultural operators]. Analiz riska zdorov'ju, 2014, no. 2, pp. 48–53.