Human health risk assessment of the chemical contamination of food products and raw foods
Belgorod Region Department of the Federal Service on Customers' Rights Protection and Human Well-Being Surveillance, Russian Federation, Belgorod, 2 Zheleznyakova St., 308023,
Federal State Autonomous Educational Institution of Higher Professional Education “Belgorod State National Research University”, Russian Federation, Belgorod, 85 Pobedy St., 308015
The article presents the findings of an assessment of a health risk, associated with the consumption of food products contaminated with chemical substances, in children and adults in the Belgorod region. The major contaminants and their concentrations in food products were determined. The contributions of the studied contaminants and groups of food products to the levels of exposure were identified. The development of noncarcinogenic effects determined by a combined impact of food contaminants was characterized and the body's
organs and systems, which are susceptible to the most significant toxic effects, were determined. The levels of an individual and population risk associated with chemically contaminated food products were calculated.
- Docenko V.A. Jekologo-gigienicheskaja koncepcija pitanijac heloveka [Ecological and environmental health concept of human diet]. Gigiena i sanitarija, 1990, no. 7, pp. 13–18.
- Opredelenie jekspozicii i ocenka riska vozdejstvija himicheskih kontaminantov pishhevyh produktov na naselenie: metodicheskie ukazanija [The determination of exposure and health risk assessment of human exposure to chemical contaminants in food products: methodical guidelines]. Moscow: Federal'nyj Centrgigieny i jepidemi-ologii Rospotrebnadzora, 2009.26 p.
- Onishhenko G.G., Novikov S.M., Rahmanin Ju.A., Avaliani S.L., Bushtueva K.A. Osnovy ocenki riska dlja zdorov'ja naselenija pri vozdejstvii himicheskih veshhestv, zagrjaznjajushhih okruzhajushhuju sredu [Basics of health risk assessment of exposure to chemical substances polluting the environment]. Ed. Ju.A. Rahmanina,
G.G. Onishhenko. Moscow: NII JeCh i GOS, 2002.408 p.
- Kuz'min S.V., Kacnel'son B.A., Privalova L.I., Gurvich V.B., s soavt. Principy i metodicheskie podhody k ocenke himicheskoj jekspozicii naselenija s produktami pitanija [Principles and methodical approaches to the as-sessment of chemical exposure of the population via food products]. Ocenka i upravlenieriskom dlja zdorov'ja naselenija: sb. inform-metoddokumentov, Ekaterinburg, 2009, pp. 201–323.
- Rukovodstvo po ocenke riska dlja zdorov'ja naselenija pri vozdejstvii himicheskih veshhestv, zagrjaznja-jushhihokruzhajushhujusredu [Guidelines for health risk assessment of exposure to chemical substances polluting the environment]. Moscow: Federal'nyj centr Gossanjepidnadzora Minzdrava Rossii, 2004. 143 p.
- Fetter V.V., Berdinskih N.N., Zav'jalova N.A. Ocenka sostojanija himicheskoj kontaminacii pishhevyh pro-duktov [An assessment of the condition of chemical contamination of food products]. Sanitarnyjvrach, Moscow: Medizdat, 2011, no. 9. pp. 20–23.