Health risk assessment of exposure to chemical substances polluting ambient air in the city of kazan based on the laboratory data of various departments
V.V. Gasilin, Ye.P. Bocharov, A.A. Ayzatullin, D.M. Ignatyev
Federal Budget Public Health Institution “Center for Hygiene and Epidemiology in the Republic of Tatarstan” (Tatarstan), Russian Federation, the Republic of Tatarstan, Kazan, 30 B. Krasnaya st., 420111
Ambient air monitoring in the city of Kazan is undertaken by monitoring systems of three different departments. Unacceptable risk levels from exposure to particulate matter are being formed in the city, which is confirmed by the monitoring performed by all the departments. The most hazardous are particulate matter smaller than 10 and 2.5 microns. Exposure to this particulate matter causes unacceptable levels of non-carcinogenic risks in almost all the studied areas. Exposure to formaldehyde and soot forms both unacceptable carcinogenic and noncarcinogenic health risks. According to the data of the three departments, mutual validation of the results can be observed but there are still significant differences in the results for particular pollutants, which makes it impossible to make sufficiently substantiated management decisions.
- Gosudarstvennyj doklad «O sanitarno jepidemiologicheskoj obstanovke v Respublike Tatarstan v 2012 godu» [State Report “On health and epidemiological situation in the Republic of Tatarstan in 2012”]. Ed. M.A. Pat-jashina – rukovoditelja Upravlenija Rospotrebnadzora po Respublike Tatarstan (Tatarstan). Kazan', 2012.
- Nauchnoe obosnovanie vybora prioritetnyh zagrjaznitelej ob’ektov okruzhajushhej sredy, podlezhashhih sanitarno-jepidemiologicheskomu kontrolju v period provedenija Universiady 2013 (g. Kazan') [Scientific confir-mation of environmental pollutants for monitoring during the XXVII Summer Universiade in Kazan, 2013. Eds. G.G. Onishhenko, N.V. Zajceva. Moscow, Perm', Kazan', 2012.
- Onishhenko G.G., Novikov S.M., Rahmanin Ju.A., Avaliani S.L., Bushtueva K.A. Osnovy ocenki riska dlja zdorov'ja naselenija pri vozdejstvii himicheskih veshhestv, zagrjaznjajushhih okruzhajushhuju sredu [The founda-tions of health risk assessment of exposure to chemical substances polluting the environment]. Eds. Ju.A. Rah-manin, G.G. Onishhenko. Moscow, 2002, 408 p.
- Rukovodstvo po ocenke riska dlja zdorov'ja naselenija pri vozdejstvii himicheskih veshhestv, zagrjaznja-jushhih okruzhajushhuju sredu [Guidelines for health risk assessment of exposure to chemical substances polluting the environment]. Moscow: Federal'nyj centr Gossanjepidnadzora Minzdrava Rossii, 2004. 143 p.
- Ryzhakov S.A., Zajceva N.V., Maj I.V. Makrojekonomicheskij analiz poter' zdorov'ja, verojatno obuslov-lennyh jemissijami zagrjaznjajushhih veshhestv v atmosfernyj vozduh [Macroeconomic analysis of health losses which are probably caused by emissions of pollutants into ambient air]. Permskij medicinskij zhurnal, 2009, no. 3, pp. 47.
- Morello-Frosch R.A., Woodruff T.J., Axelrad D.A., Caldwell Ja.C. Air toxic and health risks in California: the public health implications of outdoor concentration. Risk Analysis, 2000, vol. 20, no. 2, рр. 273–292.
- Baldauf R.W., Lane D.D., Marotz G.A., Barkman H.W., Pierce T. Application of a risk assessment based approach to designing ambient air quality monitoring networks for evaluating non-cancer health impacts. Environ-mental Monitoring and Assessment, 2002, vol. 78, no. 3, рр. 213–227.
- Mauderly J.L., Chow J.C. Health effects of Organic aerosols. Inhalation Toxicology, 2008, vol. 20,
no. 3, pp. 257–288.