The development of methods for the determination of organic compounds (ethylene oxide, 1,3-butadiene, acrylonitrile) at reference levels in ambient air
T.S. Ulanova, T.V. Nurislamova
Federal Budget Scientific Institution “Federal Scientific Center for Medical and Preventive Health Risk Management Technologies”, Russian Federation, Perm, 82 Monastyrskaya St, 614045
The results of experimental studies on the development of gas chromatographic methods for the determination of 1,3-butadiene and ethylene oxide, acrylonitrile in ambient air at the reference levels – by adsorbing the studied compounds from ambient air onto a Tenax TA sorbent and using optimum thermal desorption and capillary gas chromatographic conditions are presented in this article. The adsorption, thermal desorption and gas chromatographic parameters of the determination of 1,3-butadiene and ethylene oxide, acrylonitrile in ambient air were justified. We have achieved a high sensitivity of the gas chromatographic determination of the studied compounds at the reference levels (mg/m 3 ) was achieved: 1,3-butadiene – 0.002, ethylene oxide – 0.005, acrylonitrile – 0.002 with an error of determination to within 25 %.
- 1 IPCS. Environmental Health Criteria. Ethylene Oxide. WHO. Geneva, 1985, 80 p.
- Smulevich V.B. Professionalny rak [Occupational cancer]. Moscow: Meditsina, 2000.
- Kancerogennye veŝestva: spravočnik [Carcinogens]. Ed. V.S. Turusov. Materialy Meždunarodnogo agentstva po izučeniû raka. Moscow, 1987. 143 p.
- Khudolej V.V. Carcinogens: characteristics, regularity, mechanisms of action. – St. Petersburg: Izd-vo NII SpbGU, 1999.
- Drugov Yu.S., Rodin A.A., Kashmet V.V. Probopodgotovka v ekologicheskom analize. Prakticheskoye rukovodstvo [Sample preparation in the environmental analysis. Practical guide]. Moscow, 2005, 754 p.